0melet question and the plight of food intake

Mary Gee
on 12/29/13 5:10 am

Take a look at:   theworldaccordingtoeggface . com     

She has loads of recipes - she cooks omelettes in mini-muffin pans.  

Still learning.  Currently in pre-op stage.

Leanne1
on 12/29/13 5:22 am - Newmarket, Canada

I posted that ;)

Take a look at my response above and check out the links I posted. Many great sites and things to check out, all by fellow WLS patients :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

aztma
on 12/29/13 5:29 am
RNY on 12/03/13

My hubby makes a great omelet.  He adds cheese and pureed ham to boost the protien.  But it is usually only one egg for me. I have tried scrambled eggs and cant get them down. It is one of the only things that have bothered me so far, so I was really shocked when the omelet went down without any problems.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 6:10 am

there seems to be a magic texture that decides whether or not eggs will successfully process in my system.  eggs can be soft and milk, or very hard.  the 2nd time i tried poached i cooked it too long and it almost made me vomit when i took a small taste of it (it looked like egg but smelt/tasted like fish.  wtf?!).  another egg from the same carton, when cooked just right, went down fine.  alas, the fish-egg has scared me and i don't think i will ever try a poached or hard-boiled egg again.  same with scrambled.  i just hope i nothing happens with me and omelets.  

Missy_w8
on 12/29/13 7:48 am - Canada

Were they Omega 3 eggs?  I had that happen to me once....apparently, it is not unheard of to come across the odd one that tastes like fish.  I googled it because I was worried that I had eaten a rotten egg.  It was the last time I bought Omega 3 eggs ;(

Referral Sent: Jan. 2012, Orientation: Oct. 2012, Post Op Diet Class: Aug. 2013, Surgeon: Sep. 2013,  SURGERY: Oct 23th 2013!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 8:41 am

OMG THEY WERE!!!  i bought them from metro!!!  i can't believe it!!!  i thought my taste buds went nuts and got the taste of egg and fish mixed up!  they were!  wow -- wasn't that disgusting though?  I was so upset that happened to me.  you know when you eat something that totally grosses you out and whenever you smell it or see if your stomach turns upside down automatically?  that is EXACTLY how i feel now when i see a poached egg!!  so sad !!!

piccola
on 12/29/13 5:55 am
RNY on 06/06/13

Something I found easy to digest  is shiratki noodles...they have zero calories and are low carb..they are made from some kind of  root ...and they come in all forms from spagehtti to penne to rice its another alternative...you can get them through ontario nutrition and alot of grocery stores are carrying them as well.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 7:44 am

i am so open to rice alternatives.  i just realized that quinoa may be my rice alternative.  it seems to be sitting lighter on my stomach, still has a great texture, and cooks the same was rice (easy).  thanks for sharing this.

Mary Gee
on 12/29/13 7:00 am

Sorry I missed that Leanne.  Thanks for posting the other links - I'm going to check them out.  The more we learn the better!

Still learning.  Currently in pre-op stage.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 7:42 am

honestly, mary, i think this learning is never-ending.  as some do say, it took many of us 20+ years to gain this weight and learn all of these bad habits that made us unhealthy -- it will certainly take us time to learn new healthier ways of living!  it is daunting, but so very exciting at the same time!  :)

Most Active