0melet question and the plight of food intake

Monica M.
on 12/29/13 9:49 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

try using one egg, and one egg white.

brandifromTCU
on 12/30/13 12:51 am

I can do 1 egg plus 1 egg white.  But I only put about a tablespoon of cheese.

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/13 5:23 am

that sounds great ladies.  i have one more box of egg whites left -- i will try that tomorrow morning for breakfast.  thanks so much!

Sassy75
on 12/29/13 12:58 am - North York, Canada

Hey there,

have you tried quinoa?

it has lots of protein also.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 1:37 am

hey -- thanks for this.  i use to love cooking quinoa w/ curry powder.  or the quinoa salad they sell at cosco.  for some reason i was scared to buy it last week -- in case it gave me killer acid issues.  i had a bad episode with oatmeal and ever since i have been scared to try certain things.  

i actually have a small bag of quinoa left.  i think i will try it with some curry powder and raisins today and see how it goes down (i'm a fan of most things indian).  my mom use to make a salad with chopped pine nuts and feta cheese and cranberries.  

thank so much. ;)

LittleMiss2013
on 12/29/13 12:58 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I buy those eggs in a carton...duh they all come in a carton, lmao. The liquid eggs in a milk carton. I use 1/4 cup and then add whatever I want. It's says it's equal to 1 egg.

For those who have a problem with Pasta/rice etc......I found my new FAVorite store ever...and it's in Toronto so I just went there in person....but they ship too. I went there 2 weeks ago and went nuts. They have a 0 calorie, 0 carb...0 everything pasta. I have a bag in my fridge I haven't tried yet so it might be awful but I have heard good things about it. It's called Zeroodle....maybe someone here has tried it?? but I will link the the page below. Check out the store it has lots of great stuff and lots of 0 cal stuff. Anyway, might be a good way to get your pasta fix but with zero calories =)

Zeroodle (Low Carb Canada) - http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/Zero-Carb-Calories-Gluten-Free-Z eroodle-Shirataki-Noodles-s/2052.htm

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 1:39 am

lol -- too funny, 2013!

thanks for the link.  can you remember to send me a pm when you have tried this stuff out?  

the part in the product description that says it swells in your stomach and cleans  out your stomach scares me a bit.  perhaps it is not as bad as i am envisioning.

Mary Catherine
on 12/29/13 2:52 am

It helps if you put your dry quinoa  in a fine sieve and rinse it very well first.  Even if it says pre-rinsed it has a natural coating that can cause acid problems.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 6:11 am, edited 12/29/13 6:12 am

- thanks!!

just made my quinoa!!  a chicken cube and a tsp of mild curry powder.  i will go for .5 cup as a serving with some chicken pieces for dinner tonight.  i pray it works out cause it looks damn delicious.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/13 7:40 am

alas, i measured out .5 cup and it was such a massive amount of food (even on the desert-sized plate i now use)!  ended up only eating .4 cup.  the fat girl in me still itches when i take food out - thinking it isn't enough.  until i start eating and my new stomach tells me otherwise.  too funny.

Most Active