What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

Patm
on 12/26/13 10:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I switched to powders and make my own shakes. I love this companies powders. They even blend well into hot liquids. They will send you samples. It is called iWin direct

libra1
on 12/26/13 11:21 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thanks Pat. I appreciate the info. I'm going to check it out.

Zizzler
on 12/26/13 11:26 pm

Bulk Barn has unflavoured powder so you could try a little and see if you like it.  Its what I use - that way I can make it any flavour I want.  They also have chocolate flavour now, which I have not tried.  As for pre-made protein shakes I like Atkins Chocolate Delight and Strawberry because they do not have maltitol, which makes me sick (diarrhea to the max) - yes tmi.  They have 15g protein but are small and I find they taste nice.  I am pre-op but I have tried many of the pre-made one.  I prefer the taste of my own creations, but I know it is convenient to have them pre-made.  Could you try adding the plain powder to foods such as pudding, yogurt, soup, etc. rather than the shakes?  Just an idea - keep in mind I am still pre-op.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

libra1
on 12/27/13 12:40 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know about the maltitol -- I'll keep that info in my back pocket.

Julia P.
on 12/26/13 10:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 1 Year, 2 months Post-Op

Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!  It was really busy for me but it was great.  It's been nice being able to spend so much time with the kids - they are having a blast!  We're off to the Science Centre today so I'll get lots of walking in. 

My eating has not been great in the last week or so and my weight reflects that.  I'm still running 10K every other day and trying to do yoga on the in-between days, so my activity level is good.  However, eating well is 90% of the game so I need to get that back on track starting today!

Here's my plan for the day:

B - Greek yogurt with berries and SF syrup, protein bar

S - Pepperettes, cheese

L - Salad with chicken

S - Carrots with hummus

D - Fish and asparagus, SF pudding with PB

S - Cottage cheese with cinnamon/sugar

Totals - 1435 calories, 94g carbs, 58g fat, 132g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Patm
on 12/26/13 11:03 pm, edited 12/26/13 11:04 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I would have preferred to stay in bed yesterday. Tired from all the activity. Went out shopping for a washing machine instead. Got a good deal at Bad Boys. Of course my washing machine is now not acting up! But we know it is only a matter of time and it has been fixed before. I do not even remember when we bought it.

Today I am the dog walker so off soon for a long walk. Lets hope i actually remember my fitbit for a change. Later running errands. i was going to make lasagna for Christmas eve and forgot to buy the meat so will make it today to use up the ingredients. My daughter and her boyfriend have only had intermittent power and no ho****er. They have been over twice to shower but do not want to stay here. Tomorrow my husband and i are going to Kitchener for his family and staying over night. So they will stay here to take care of our dog. The lasagna will be a good dinner to leave them. I will make some for me without the noodles but using zucchini.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l chili

s peppermint protein drink with skim milk

d lasagna, salad,

s laughing cow and crackers

cal 994, carb 106, prot 78.4

dragongirl_76
on 12/26/13 11:54 pm

libra....i am curious. you often have turkey with tomotos as your dinner.

how is that prepared??

libra1
on 12/27/13 2:33 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

I’m not much of a cook so everything I do is very basic. I put a package of “Irresistibles Life Smart - Extra Lean Minced Turkey” in a pan and brown it. Then I add a half a can of “Aurora - Diced Tomatoes” and season with Italian seasoning. I let it simmer for about 15 minutes so some of the liquid reduces. Once it has cooled I put it into those small freezer containers and freeze. Sometimes I make up 2 packages of minced turkey and a full can of diced tomatoes.

It’s fast, easy and also portable. I tend to take it with me when I got to lunch/dinner at other people’s homes—just in case I don’t want to eat what they’re serving. You can microwave it frozen, or thaw it out first in the fridge and then micro it. I’m not a fussy eater, but just recently I’ve developed an aversion to chicken and salmon—so this works for me.

dragongirl_76
on 12/27/13 3:50 am
On December 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM Pacific Time, libra1 wrote:

I’m not much of a cook so everything I do is very basic. I put a package of “Irresistibles Life Smart - Extra Lean Minced Turkey” in a pan and brown it. Then I add a half a can of “Aurora - Diced Tomatoes” and season with Italian seasoning. I let it simmer for about 15 minutes so some of the liquid reduces. Once it has cooled I put it into those small freezer containers and freeze. Sometimes I make up 2 packages of minced turkey and a full can of diced tomatoes.

It’s fast, easy and also portable. I tend to take it with me when I got to lunch/dinner at other people’s homes—just in case I don’t want to eat what they’re serving. You can microwave it frozen, or thaw it out first in the fridge and then micro it. I’m not a fussy eater, but just recently I’ve developed an aversion to chicken and salmon—so this works for me.

thanks for sharing :-)

Most Active