What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 12/23/13 6:23 pm, edited 12/23/13 7:16 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning - and Merry Christmas Eve

Meeting my trainer first thing this morning to at least get a work out in before the festivities begin....then a bit of running around like everyone else - home to set the table for tomorrow and make the dressing for the turkey...out to dinner tonight to an old fashioned steak house with family....then home to wait for Santa

STEPS - 8975

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Tomato-pepper-onion and feta salad - 1.5 cups

grilled chicken souvlaki with 1 TB of Tzatziki sauce

D - 3 oz beef tenderloin

few bites of Caesar salad....the type they make at the table...yummm

few bites of baked potato

couple of bites of my husbands dessert

glass of Merlot or Pinot Noir

S - cheese and crackers

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,539,  Carbs - 83 grams,  Fat - 80 grams,  Protein - 91 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   mail

Edited to add::...Every day of the weight loss phase is precious....every day!!!....you cannot get them back.....it will never be that easy again....in your life.....

If you are reading my eats and think its OK to overeat at Christmas....please remember that I made my goal......yes I am working on re-gain....but today or next week is the same to me....I am out of the rapid weight loss phase....so If I choose to delay a day or two over Christmas its completely different.....I didn't lose a day of my rapid phase.....and that included my first Christmas......

The best advice I can give if you are in the first 9-12 months of your post weight loss surgery life....is to stay the course....its just one Christmas and its just food....dont lose ONE DAY of opportunity to lose

Sunny123
on 12/23/13 7:19 pm, edited 12/23/13 8:08 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Good morning Barb and Merry Christmas to you. 

I can't think of food right now. My flu has taken the wind out of my sails. 

May have a protein shake. Will focus on fluids. The thought of eating isn't appealing to me at all. 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 12/23/13 7:31 pm

Take care of yourself and hopefully you can get your fluids in....they are important for your cold....but also for you post surgery.....and Merry Christmas to you too Sunny

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/13 7:33 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

No clue what is on the menu as we are traveling but wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. Most likely a protein shake at some point this morning then dinner and a good old Reveillon with too many eats and drinks but will limit it to good appetizers with lots of protein and one glass of red.

Safe travels to everyone having to be on the roads.

G_mama_d
on 12/23/13 7:43 pm - North Bay, Canada

Merry Christmas everyone!

Good advice Barb, it really is just a holiday and food need not be the focus. Easy for me to say as i have no appetite.

6 days post op, my plan is lots of water, vitamins, aiming for 30 gm protein, greek yogurt, oatmeal, milk & cottage cheese. Have not been able to tolerate protein shakes or unflavored powder. So slowly working on increasing protein.

But being home now should make it easier. Any tips of protein rich foods for the first month would be greatly appreciated. Thx gael

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/13 7:52 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Protein shakes are your best friend the first month but if you really can't tolerate any of them you can eat cottage cheese, greek yogurt, make a shake with some milk and greek yogurt.  It's really tough to get enough protein in without the shakes.  Have you tried even putting a tbsp of protein powder in your oatmeal? I put a banana chocolate one in my plain oatmeal and it tasted wonderful and no clumps either.  You could try to get a protein that is more clear like juice. Isoflex makes a chiller one and if you can find Isopure that is ready made at GNC sometimes, they are good.  I found them a bit sweet so would cut them with water but easier to drink than all thick dairy type ones.  Once you get to pureed in another week or so, you can puree up any meat that you enjoy and just use lots of broth or low fat gravy to blend it all together.

G_mama_d
on 12/23/13 8:08 pm - North Bay, Canada

Thank you,i try to add the unflavored protein when i can or skim milk powder but have a hard tim choking it down, really afraid of vomiting  so soon. I will add greek yogurt to everything i can imagine and will try making a shake. I think pureed will be easier, so trying not to panic and just do the best i can. Making sure i stay hydrated.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/13 8:15 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Hydration is more important right now so just keep sipping away.  Sip on milk or thinned out greek yogurt.  I hate dairy products so found those first few weeks pretty tough as I really only stuck to protein shakes since all the other stuff just grosses me out.  LOL  I do like yogurt though so it was that and protein shakes. Much easier once you get to pureed.

G_mama_d
on 12/23/13 8:35 pm - North Bay, Canada

I can do milk, so now that we are home i can alternate between, water, milk, yogurt. Yesterday we were traveling  so my goal was water. Today we work on more protein. Pureed will be much easier for sure. Have a wonderful christmas and safe travels if you are on the road.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

birdiegirl
on 12/23/13 9:18 pm

I'd like to second Tracey's advice.....protein shakes are so good early out as they give you both hydration and healing protein....however.....hydration is paramount right now

All the best to you G_mama_d

Most Active