Protein Powder???

DanielaGiron
on 12/24/13 10:26 am - Canada
VSG on 12/09/13

I'm also looking for a good protein powder ... For now I have the premier premade from costco and the weider fruit splash mango/peach flavor bit I do add a tangerine crystal light to mask the flavor lol

miss_muffet
on 12/24/13 10:58 am - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

Like everyone is saying, your med team will direct you on supplements. Everyone is different, every surgery is different, 

I use protein powder exclusively, no premade drinks. Favorites are: ON Gold Standard Whey, Syntrax Nectar-Roadside Lemonade and Lemon Tea, Jay Robb chocolate whey protein (this one is a bit pricey but I think it's the best chocolate out there and it's sweetened with stevia). Unjury brand is also good, i like the strawberry.  Ask for sample packs at health food stores or buy some online. Jus****ch out for sugar and carbs, and buy quality protein. 

Don't over dilute the powder, it will stay in your stomach longer and you'll have a better chance of absorbing more of the protein. I only use 3-4 oz of water. This will be helpful after surgery.

From what I understand, what you like before surgery may not be what you like after, so don't overstock on the stuff. I'm having surgery next week and have be researching and taste testing protein like crazy. 

Good luck!

H 5' 4" | A 49+ | HW 250 | SW 226 | CW 171

Goal 140 / Fantasy Goal 128

Most Active