What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

birdiegirl
on 12/22/13 3:52 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

I was due for a night of insomnia....cant complain.......a few meetings early this morning and then just home.....our family gathering was canceled yesterday as most had no power....so I need to drop off gifts to family members who wont be at our home on Christmas Day

STEPS - 8976

EATS

Middle of the night snack - piece of PC chicken breast filet with flax seed....( you know you are hungry when you want chicken )...lol

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Elina's green chicken soup

D - Tomato-pepper-onion and feta salad with 4 oz grilled chicken

S - 2 slices of finncrisp with 1 TB of peanut butter

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 975,  Carbs - 62 grams,  Fat - 38 grams,  Protein - 103 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one    mail

Sunny123
on 12/22/13 7:36 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

18 Days Post Op

Steps –2831 – coughing and sneezing hurts - period

Sleep 7 hrs 44 minutes  

B- Premier Protein Shake

S- Danone greek yogurt vanilla with 1 tbsp of all max isonatural powder

Lunch – 1/2 c Healthy Choice Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup, 3 soda crackers

S- ½ c apple sauce with 1 tbsp of all max isonatural powder

Dinner 1 egg ¼ c 1% milk 1 slice Natural Selections smoked Black forest ham, 2 melba

Calories  613  Carbs  38    Fat  13    Protein  83  Sodium  1100  Sugar 15

Busy time for all! Have a great day!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

kristaeb
on 12/22/13 8:48 pm

Morning every one. The weekend flew buy. I was busy like everyone else...

B- Tea , greek yogurt.

S- water melon. some protein shake.

L- roast chicken 3 oz with roasted veggies.

S- cheese string , rest of protein shake.

D- same as lunch.

s- 3 melba rounds laughing cow. 

Have a great day...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Patm
on 12/22/13 10:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Sidewalks are still slippery this morning. Not sure how far I will get with my dog walking. Our street wasn't too bad for downed trees. A few branches but that was all. Considering the number of old trees we have that is pretty good. Driving along Kingston Rd yesterday we saw a lot of downed tree branches. And a lot of traffic lights out. Came home on 401 Parkway in the evening. faster with not having to stop for every light.

Had a good evening with my family. Tried to reconcile with my brother but I am no longer willing to be the one to make things okay. He needs to change.

Even using my bike yesterday did not get many steps. Probably won't today either.

b greek yogurt, granola

s almonds

l salad with chicken,

s skim milk, protein shake

d chili

s laughing cow, breton crackers

cal 973, carb 72, prot 81

Onward and
Downward

on 12/22/13 10:43 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Well, hopefully the insomnia happens less and less as you settle into your new lifestyle, Barb.

It was good to track yesterday, but I made a lot of substitutions, simply because I slept a lot (I have a wicked cold) and because I had some stuff to use up in the fridge that I forgot about, and because one of the things I'd planned on eating had expired.  Oh well!  I still substituted with good stuff and ended up eating about 1,100 calories in total.  Not sure how it happened, since I was a slug yesterday, but I lost two pounds.  A two pound loss in a day pretty much never happens to me anymore, so I'm thinking there will be some sort of "correction" to that.  But I haven't seen 177 on the scale in almost two decades, so I'll take it. :)  Besides, I won't be able to weigh myself for the next week or so anyhow since we're hopefully leaving town today to visit family for Christmas.  So who knows, maybe that number will be for real by the time I get home.  Besides, I must still have some malabsorption going for me since I'm only 13 months out.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup raspberries

S - A handful of mixed nuts (in the shell - cracking them draws out the snack and you eat less!) plus a clementine

L - 2 oz smoked salmon, on 7 premium plus crackers, topped with capers and a few ****tail onions on the side

S - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup raspberries (that should use up the rest of both)

D - Whatever we're having at Mom's place - not sure, but I'll be sure to do the meat first, veg next, etc.

S - Oh, probably Christmas goodies of some kind.  I'll watch it.

TOTALS WITHOUT DINNER OR EVENING SNACK: 52g protein, 30g fat, 42 carbs, 11g fiber, 689 calories

Wow, looks like I might get hungry during the day if that's how low the totals are even without supper.  Well, we'll see how it goes. I'll add healthy stuff if I get hungry.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Leanne1
on 12/22/13 11:35 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Good morning!! 

3yrs+ post-op

Not alot on the go today, just working at the hospital tonight; was going to clean a house but they canceled cuz they have no power yet. it's all good tho, I am enjoying this day of relaxing :)

I looked up that soup you have been eating Barb.. How is it?? Can it be frozen? Does it have lots of protein? (I am looking for things to make for after my PS, so it's easier)

Today feels like it's one of those days where I just don't feel like eating. I was hungry and made some eggs but I'm really not into it. I HAVE to up my protein (my NUT said I really have to before my surgery) and I am trying. I wonder if I should just do what I have been doing and get thru this week then alter my foods. I'm getting my minimum of 60g protein in.

B- 2 eggs, 1 slice of toast

S- protein shake

L- I really want an open faced broiled cheese sandwich, but I will see how I feel at that point

S- cheese and a few gluten free crackers

D- chili

S- not really sure, the nurses at work have had many things on the go for snacks and treats, maybe I will just nibble some of that

vitamins water and coffee in

Have a great day

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

birdiegirl
on 12/23/13 2:40 am

Soup tastes OK....not spectacular Leanne....but i like the low carb content....since the veggies are all green....and it has protein with the chicken....

Leanne1
on 12/23/13 2:53 am - Newmarket, Canada

hmm... okie dokie. I am pretty picky, I will have to think about this soup. She has another one on her blog I think I might try... south western red chicken soup. 

Thanks Barb :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active