SPICY FOOD

Scotscanuck
on 12/21/13 2:44 am - Canada

Ok I Know its a bit away only 8 days post op but my big concern is I won,t be able to eat spicy food anymore and I mean SPICY  ghost peppers ,habeneros scotch bonnets any advice out there good or bad.

new_me180
on 12/21/13 3:25 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I am almost 2 months out and I eat spicy food with a healing ulcer to boot and it doesn't bother me at all. Although I do tamper it down a bit, I still do spicy. My center told me to eat as tolerated so I do.

Scotscanuck
on 12/21/13 6:32 am - Canada

Thanks that is good to hear

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/13 6:48 am

my world revolves around curry and spicy foods -- i tried it 1 month out and had increased acid production which made me feel like ****  thought i had an ulcer -- checked it out with my bariatric centre and upon stopping the spicy food the symptoms went away.  

i am going to wait until the 6 month mark to try again.  but, always remember that every one is different!!  what you can tolerate i may not be able to and vice versa.

:)

Scotscanuck
on 12/21/13 6:55 am - Canada

Thanks it would be the worst thing if I couldn;t tolerate it.

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/13 6:59 am

worse case scenerio, it may just be about timing.  if it doesn't work now ... it will hopefully work later on.  just try not to pu**** and learn to listen to your body.  all the best!  ;)

TanyaLH
on 12/21/13 9:00 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I was not a big fan of alot of spice pre op, post op is a totally different story!!! I crave spicy now. new fave is Chinese Garlic Chili Sauce in everything! I even use that as a stirfry sauce with shrimp!

Franks now has a Sweet Chili Thai Dipping sauce that is so so so good!!

Tanya

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/13 10:35 am

franks also has a sweet chili thai beef jerky! FANTASTIC!!!!!  :)

chipmunk_roasting
on 12/21/13 8:53 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada

It's so funny the things we focus on, isn't it?

I love my spicy foods and regularly snack on (far too many) wasabi peas.  I only say far too many, because of their high carb count, but still...

No problem with spicy food here.   You may well be the same.  The flavour is what I crave.

Enjoy!

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Leanne1
on 12/22/13 1:22 am - Newmarket, Canada
I couldn't eat spicy foods preop but now I can.
Most Active