What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

birdiegirl
on 12/20/13 6:37 pm

RNY  4 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

After 10 days of lunches and sit down formal dinners....I have nothing on today other then a ****tail party tonight.....so I am going to go low on my calories and carbs for a few days to help shed the salt and indulgence weight ......I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks on purpose so I didn't get frustrated.......

Hopefully a long walk today if the weather cooperates.....I am the driver this evening so it will be easy to avoid temptations

STEPS - 4690.....pitiful....

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Elina's green chicken soup

S - Elina's green chicken soup

D - Elina's green chicken soup

S - Elina's green chicken soup

Crazy....but myfitnesspal has a listing for  this soup......I read about it on the VSG forum........

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 670,  Carbs - 28 grams,  Fat - 9 grams.  Protein - 101 grams

All water.... 3 litres at least today....plus decaf coffee and tea...and all vits

Have a great one    mail

Sunny123
on 12/20/13 7:20 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

16 Days Post Op

Steps – 3625 – I was at work all day yesterday and felt like crap when I got home - dealing with two offers though, so that's nice :o)

Sleep 7 hrs 59 minutes  

B- 1 egg, ¼ c milk, melba toast 2

S- Danone Silhouette Fat Free Greek Yogurt Vanilla w/1 scoop All Max Nutrition Protein

Lunch – 1/2 c beef stew

S- Premier Protein Shake

D- Mexican Delight, 2 soda crackers

Calories  650  Carbs  46    Fat  17    Protein  75  Sodium  1619  Sugar 13

Going to a house party tonight so I will eat before we go...I know there will be a lot of pressure to eat/drink....this is the fall out of not telling people about my WLS.

Question: if I have a protein shake for Breakfast, do I have to wait a half hour to have it after I have my morning coffee?

Be safe on the roads!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 12/20/13 7:33 pm

Hi Sunny....great re the offers!!....hope that comes thru for you

I don't think there is any problem with drinking after your protein shake....its liquid too......my habit is coffee first......and by the time I drink my shake I am full full ful....lol.......

I know many people and centers recommend real food for all meals......the shake in the morning is my habit.....and I like having something cold and frothy to drink in the morning....

When I eat soup....I try to eat the liquid first and then the chunks of whatever after so I don't push thru the good stuff......

I think its great that you are thinking like this....and asking......

So...long response.....whichever works for you re coffee or shake first.....all liquids

Hope those offers are accepted today......good luck

Sunny123
on 12/20/13 8:31 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Thanks for the answer. I find taking the time to eat takes too long if I have my decaf.  I know I am supposed to take time and eat but the whole morning  thing is so long.  And then I don't have enough time to get fluids in  before snack time. 

I also like the tip on soup and will keep the rule in mind (eating the veggies last) once I am out of purée. 

I have a lot of respect for the info folks have to share on this board. 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 12/20/13 9:18 pm

One last tip that helped me....and that I continue to practice....I always have a bottle of water in my vehicle.....I find it easy to drink water in the car.....and I stay warm on a cold day with the heat turned up while drinking.....( it can be difficult to drink cold water in the winter....or to face it while you are already freezing from the weight loss)

Sunny123
on 12/20/13 9:52 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Another great tip. I have been leaving my bottle water out as I find the cold water makes my pouch feel a little weird.

I spend a lot of time in my car so the bottled water is my new driving pal :o)

Have a super day and thanks again!

Patm
on 12/20/13 10:58 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Soup sounds interesting. Last couple of days I have not been vary interested in food. I think it is just this cold dragging on that is the culprit. I also keep forgetting my fit bit. I know I walked a lot yesterday but no idea how far. Sears at the Eaton Centre is closing so I walked their from work. Everything on sale. Went to see their washing machines. No great deals. Ended up buying some kids clothes for my sons girlfriends daughter. I will add to her Christmas gift. Unfortunately I will not see the child at Christmas but will send home the gift. She already has a lot of people with demands on her time before I came on the scene. 

I have not had breakfast yet so will not be having a morning snack

b/s greek yogurt, granola

l left over stew

s pure protein bar (maybe)

d chicken/salsa/cheese, salad

s 2 laughing cow breton crackers

Off soon for a long walk with the dog. Must remember fitbit!

birdiegirl
on 12/21/13 1:12 am

Hope you are feeling better soon Pat.....

t uppence
on 12/20/13 11:55 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Barb can you please post the recipe for Elina's green chicken soup?

Or is it posted someplace.

Thanks

Penny Lynn                                                                  
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending".. 

Referral sent Dec /09   Info class  Feb/11    Nut/Beh/Int May/11    Education class Sept/11   
Surgeon appt  Oct /11

birdiegirl
on 12/21/13 1:13 am

its on the VSG forum....go back a few days and you will see it....I think 'keith" posted it....or use the search feature

Its not too bad......I should be OK with it for a few days....and I added extra chicken to fill me up

Most Active