is your morning weight the most accurate?

Monica M.
on 12/15/13 8:20 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

well... that raises  a whole bunch of questions. It will be your lowest weight of the day.

Weight is a measurement (much like other measurements of you bodily functions, eg pulse, blood pressure, respiratory rate, etc) that fluctuates during the day. you will get different measurements depending on the time you take them.

What does "accurate" mean, really, in terms of this? I think the term "most accurate" can't be used with weight.

You should take the measurement of weight at a consistent time.

It's not the best measurement of your success. The way you feel, the way you fit in your clothes, the inch measurements of key areas (waist, etc) are all better measurements of your success. We get hung up on a number on the scale. Imagine if we were as hung up on our blood pressure readings, as we are on the scale.

jen1016
on 12/16/13 6:52 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

I think, if you weight yourself the same time of day, when you do your weigh-ins .. that will be accurate.  I used to go to WW and my weigh-ins would be on Monday evenings.  So obviously, I would seem to weigh less in the morning ... but I was still losing from week to week, getting weighed at the same time, in the evenings.  

I agree with the measurements too ... I am three months out, and I do weigh myself every morning, and take my measurements about once a week or so.  

Most Active