Happy 3 weeks post op!!

ALOA2013
on 12/7/13 7:40 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi All,

Well its been three weeks since surgery (Nov 15th at TWH) and I am over the moon happy!  The first two & a bit weeks were rough, not going to lie... had lots of pain, nausea, difficulty eating and drinking and got a Thrush infection in my mouth (which was pain like I have never had before!!!!) and I was exhausted every day beyond belief.  But now I am over the moon happy, all allowed food is going down great with no problems and I am walking every day with my dogs for 90 minutes.  I am down 29 pounds (since starting Opti) and I can see and feel the difference just 29 lbs makes on my body.  Yahoo!!!

Some interesting things that have happened along the way...I am always COLD, I never ever, ever thought I would say that. I was the person that always wore t-shirts and capri's 365 days a year and the A/C was always cranked in my house, in my car and at work.  I never felt like I could get cooled down enough.  Now I can't wear enough layers and can't get warm, I always have an electric blanket wrapped around me.  Another thing is I have lost my sense of smell, I used to be like a bloodhound, smell everything from a mile away, not now at all.  I have to put my nose right up to food to even slightly smell it.  And I CRAVE only spicy, savory food.  Pre surgery I was the sugar queen!!! My go to food was chocolate, candy, cake etc.  The other day my hubby had some Reeces Peanut Butter cups and the smell turned my stomach, I told him it smelled like a Cuban cigar.  Now all I want is anything with spicy chilies or lots of savory flavour.  And lastly I have no more PMS symptoms anymore.  I have suffered and I mean suffered since age 15 with nasty horrible PMS, you name a symptom and I had it.  Now nothing.  I actually got my period a week early and it blew me away because I did not get one symptom so didn't even know it was coming.  So for me at lot of things have switched, I figure its the crazy hormone dump that must be going on but man it is so weird to be the opposite of everything.

I have so much love & support from my husband and family & extended family & friends and even my boss emails me once a week to see if I am ok and if I need anything.  Twice in the last week my husband has made comments that I am pretty sure every woman wants to hear... one comment he said was while we were grocery shopping and I was up on my tippy toes trying to reach something on the top shelf and behind me he says "holy crap babes can I ever see your weight loss, your hips/legs/butt look awesome!!" I turned around and gave him the biggest hug & kiss ever! Told him that he made my day and then some. I am so happy and really look forward to what the future holds.  Feeling blessed to be given this tool.

Thanks for listening everyone,

Cheers,

Leslie

Height 5' 5" HW: 244  SW: 226  CW: 128    

Caroline K.
on 12/7/13 9:09 am

Congratulations! Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

ALOA2013
on 12/7/13 9:18 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

thanks Caroline, things are going well and feeling really great!

L

Patm
on 12/7/13 9:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad all is going well. Enjoy this, Your sense of smell will probably come back. Your hubby also deserves the hug you gave him. 

ALOA2013
on 12/7/13 10:12 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

thanks Pat, I hope I get my smeller back... I miss it. LOL LOL and I will make sure hubby gets lots of hugs, he is for sure a keeper!

L

kristaeb
on 12/7/13 9:54 am

Congrats , you are doing great...Krista..kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

ALOA2013
on 12/7/13 10:13 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

thanks Krista, so far so good and looking forward to bigger and better things down the road!

L

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/13 12:15 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Congratulations. I am sure you find lots of things have changed for you over time. I noticed that drinking cold water makes me cold.

ALOA2013
on 12/7/13 12:50 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

thanks Debra, I am sure there are even more changes to come!

L

Most Active