NSV...Got hit on while running...

kellybelly333
on 9/23/13 12:52 am - Toronto, Canada

Seriously, who hits on a person while they are running? LOL

A runner ahead of me yesterday was going at a slower pace. He was fit, and in running gear, so I was happy to pass. At first he wasn't quite letting me around, and then he smiled and motioned for me to take my headphone out to chat. I don't mind talking to other runners for a bit, but after finding that my Achilles was doing great, I was trying for a PB for the 21.1k distance.

Anyway, he asked my distance, and he was surprised at my speed saying i'm going to fast. I was ****ly and told him I was going slower than usual. LOL. Then he went on to tell me about all his marathons, triathlons and Iron Mans he's done and gave me pointers. I love getting pointers, but his arrogance was killing me.

THEN, out of nowhere he says, "SO...do you run here often?" I laughed at that and said I do different routes (no need to have someone tracking me down). Then he asked if I was single. When I told him no he said that was too bad and asked how long I had been with my man!! Then we reached his turnaround point (only doing 10k because of a sore ankle..sure sure), and I sped up again.

This wouldn't have happened two and a half years ago for sure. It's nice and all, but dammit I didn't get my PB. Dude slowed me down for 5 minutes.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Catw
on 9/23/13 1:04 am - Arnprior, Canada

Great NSV!  Sorry he ruined getting your PB.  Wasn't worth it in the end if you ask me.

Good luck next run getting your PB.

Cathy

kellybelly333
on 9/24/13 12:30 am - Toronto, Canada

Totally wasn't. Funny how I get annoyed, instead of flattered. LOL

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica M.
on 9/23/13 1:57 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

how freaking awesome are you? hit on while sweaty and gross!!!

kellybelly333
on 9/24/13 12:36 am - Toronto, Canada

Well, I was only 5k in....and it was cold, so not sweaty yet....but hair in a pony tail, hat on...my kid's mittens....really, what's great about that LOL

Gabygee
on 9/23/13 2:13 am - Canada

Oh Kelly, you just made my day.

Guys can't help that they're dweebs. They've been told what is the right way and wrong way to hit on someone, so they use it again and again. Then they're surprised when their (doubtless) irresistable charms are resisted.

But maybe we shouldn't smirk so much -  we females don't practice the fine art of pickup as often as they do.

Laughed and laughed. Dude slowed you down for 5 minutes.

kellybelly333
on 9/24/13 12:39 am - Toronto, Canada

Guys are dumb....when my son was born, I apologized to him for being male. hhahahaha. I do know some women who are great at picking up men. Me, not so much. I also don't realize that I can come across as flirty....i'm just being me, chatty lol.

But yes....dude slowed me down for 5 minutes.....annoying.

Yoyo4life
on 9/23/13 3:17 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

lol...that made my laugh...the things that never happened are starting to...happy for ur success at being able to run such a distance, and hope u get another chance at hitting your bp.

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

kellybelly333
on 9/24/13 12:40 am - Toronto, Canada

I might try on the weekend. I will be running 32k and i'll see if I hit it at the 21k point then.

It is pretty funny the amount of changes we go through. I remember the first time a man went out of his way to open the door for me...that shocked me.

Pawsitive_One
on 9/23/13 4:08 am
RNY on 07/02/13

hahaha! Great NSV! 

Most Active