Never trust a military doctor :)

Armyguy1976
on 8/17/13 8:27 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13

So as some of you know i've been pushing for my RNY surgery for coming up on two years now. Sept 10th is finally the day is fast approaching on Sept 10th.

So this past Wed i went for one last appointment with my military doctor(MO) or GP and while I was recently transferred from Kingston to Borden my medical file remained the same. I mention this to give the doctor the benefit of the doubt as i was a new patient to him. 

So consider this last appointment the military version of PATTS, he took my temp, BP, met with nurse pract etc. So all is well or so it would seem till the mention of time off work post op. 

He says usually patients are released shortly after surgery and i should be back to work asap. I looked at him a little strangely and let him continue. Turns out he had my listed for Lap Band and not RNY.  Needless to say there's quite a difference. he then spent the next 10 minutes telling me he preferred lap band. Little late in the game to be throwing me cureballs. 

Thankfully all is sorted and my surgery is a go for the 10th. 

Thankfully the nurse seemed to be a little more clued in gave me the run down to what Blue Cross covers for the hospital stay, semi private room, tv phone etc. 

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

kristaeb
on 8/17/13 9:47 am

Good lord. Sounds like one of those times you just smile and nod right, lol...It wont be long now, and the jumping through hoops for the most part will be over...Krista..kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Darthmummy
on 8/17/13 10:49 am
Gosh. Aren't you glad HE prefers a lapband? I'm glad you're good to go.
gardeninggal
on 8/17/13 10:53 am - Midland, Canada

Sept 10th is your mantra.....you are your very best advocate!...hang incool

Hennagirliegirl
on 8/17/13 12:53 pm - Canada

Did you ask him when he is booked for his lapband? Tee hee

Most Active
Recent Topics