OT: Okay friends...Tassimo or Keurig? Either have SF drinks that you know of?

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/13 11:28 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

TASSIMO IS THE BEST COFFEE MACHINE YOU WILL EVER GET!

I had my first one over 10 years ago when it fist came out....and i have been in love ever since.....SOOOOO MANY OPTIONS!  and when you go to the US, EVEN MORE OPTION (BED BATH AND BEYOND)

a machine that can brew the correct temp for each drink, know how to brew each drink including if it needs crema, the correc****er amount, and just overall great flavor!

YOU WILL LOVE THE TASSIMO!

newpossibilities
on 6/10/13 12:54 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13

I have to add another vote for Tassimo.  One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that there is no 'warm up' time with the Tassimo.  I'm not sure if it is still the case but the wait time for the Keurig to warm up (I think it was only 3-4 minutes) was the deal breaker for me.  The Tassimo is ready immediately, no waiting.

Also, agree with the others that the specialty coffees are excellent and not offered by the Keurig.

Referral Mar 1, 2013 Orientation Apr 17, NP May 2, SW May 6, Nut May 6, Dietitian June 6, Psych June 18, meet surgeon July 5, PATTS Oct 8, Surgery Nov 19th

ToNewBeginnings
on 6/10/13 10:00 pm

Hi Marny,

Keurig has many more coffee flavours. So if you are a real coffee aficionato you might want to choose that brand.

I have a Tassimo. I like the specialty latte drinks. The chai latte is really good. Mostly I drink the decaf. skinny latte. I only drink them as treats. They have sugar in them (3-5 g I believe) and making regular coffee in any brewer is more economical.

Keurig cups are also more expensive than Tassimo and I wouldn't use either on a regular basis. 

Let us know what you decide.

Poe2004
on 6/11/13 3:10 am - Ottawa, Canada

I have a Tassimo at work, but I would go with Keurig because you can also use their filter and your own coffee.  They seem to have the same amount of sugar free drinks, but I think Keurig has more decaf options.

~Tammy

HW: 386 - RNY: 356.8 (14-Mar-2013) - CW: 238.6 (07-May-2014)  . . . GOAL: 199  

Tanya T.
on 6/11/13 11:35 pm

Marny,

We have Tassimo and LOVE it.  Tim Hortons has a promo starting on Wednesday at 2:00 at participating stores if you buy their variety pack of discs for $40.00+taxes then you receive the brewer FREE!!(Limited Quantities of course)

Good Luck with what ever you decide!!!

Tanya

Not One Too Many
on 6/12/13 10:23 pm - Canada

I bought my Keurig Platinum at Costco last July. I was thrilled with it, because it came with the universal filter (put your own coffee in it) as well as a trial pack of many types of coffees. You can also filter plain ho****er through it for oatmeal teas etc.

Best of all I was able to  cases of refills for the coffee maker at Costco as well (very cost effectively)  and now Kirkland has also put out their own brand (I have yet to try it, because I'm not yet back on caffeine)

There are tons of places that sell the k-cups (from grocery stores to specialty stores.) and lots of flavour choices.

Referral: April 24, 2012  Orientation: October 22, 2012 Surgery: June 17, 2013 With Dr. Anvari

Most Active
Recent Topics