What are you Eating/Doing Today (Saturday)

kellybelly333
on 5/10/13 9:29 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning,

I'm hoping that it doesn't end up raining, as i'm going for my long run today. It will take me over 2 hours to complete, so fingers crossed on the weather!!

GREAT game last night...with some no-so-great eats. I had some unplanned tortilla chips and guacamole I made for Ross. Not terrible, but more carbs than I wanted. I haven't plugged that into MFP today.

2 years post RNY

18 kilometre run. (gah!)

B: having protein coffee, then an egg on toast 1/2 an hour before my run

S: post run protein bar

l: wendy's chili

S: cheese and crackers

D: pork tenderloin and veggies and wine

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

pinkjellybean
on 5/10/13 9:53 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Good luck on your run today Kelly! Mike and I are away at a hotel having some much needed time away from our kids. Last night we had dinner out, went to a theatre show, and sat in the hotel bar to have drinks and watch the last 10 minutes of the hockey game. Today we are going to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant and then hit up the hotel swimming pool. B - not sure yet but will decide when I get to restaurant. L - Wild Pacific salmon grilled on our BBQ with some grilled zucchini. D - grilled chicken with spinach salad. S - quest cookie dough protein bar.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Onward and
Downward

on 5/10/13 10:00 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone!  Kelly, enjoy your run, and PJB, enjoy your time with the guy. :)

Had a great night last night.  Watched the Leafs win (woo hoo!) and made a delicious dinner for hubby and I.  Today is very busy - This morning I'm going to hit the Mother's Day sale at Old Navy (still need a few pairs of shorts for summer, don't have any at all right now).  Then at noon I have to be at a training session where I'm going to be facilitating.  Then right after the training session, we're going out of town to my mom's place for Mother's Day.  So I likely won't be on tomorrow.  First road trip with the new (old) car!

6 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1 source yogurt

L - Leftover chicken from last night, about 3 oz

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/splenda/vanilla mix, with 1/2 cup of blackberries

D - Good question - we'll be on the road.  I'll have to think about that.  Maybe some supermarket rotisserie chicken.  That's a good fallback.

No time to do totals...gotta run. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Julia P.
on 5/11/13 12:36 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Have fun at your Mom's!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

RidingFan
on 5/10/13 10:32 pm - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

I have to know - what is "protein coffee" - because that sounds good for morning

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Laurie C.
on 5/10/13 11:28 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Here goes:

Breakfast

Premier Protein drink, banana

Lunch

melba toast X 4

Laughing cow cheese X 1

source exotic yogurt--150 gm

resource benoprotein powder--1 scoop

Dinner

1/2 angus lean burger with bun

jello--1 cup

coolwhip--low fat 2 tbsp

snack

pistachios--49 = 1 oz

Totals= calories-- 827 protein-- 70 gms  Carbs--88

all vitamins and water in, jeez-carbs too high again

5 km walk should help that today

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Patm
on 5/10/13 11:49 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope you have a good run Kelly. I also hope it does not rain. Out shortly with the dog for a walk. Errands today very boring. Hope everyone has a good day.

b. greek yogurt, granola, peaches

l. left over chicken, yogurt

s. protein shake, almond milk and cold coffee

d. not sure. need to shop

I did not do totals since today is sort of up in the air. Will do after I shop and make a better plan 

Julia P.
on 5/11/13 12:03 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 6.5 months post-op

Good luck with your long run today, Kelly!

I started off the morning with a familiar run - 5K with no walk breaks (Week 1, Day 3 of my 5-10K training plan).  It was cold out, but no rain thank goodness!  The rest of the day is busy with the usual kids activities, and then we're having friends over for dinner and hopefully some time outside if it's not too cold/rainy.

Here's my eating plan for the day:

B - 3/8 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup blackberries, 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp. wheat bran, SF syrup

S - Pure protein bar, 2 strawberries

L - Leftover tilapia from last night (2 oz), 1 cup spinach salad (with cucumbers, tomatoes, and 1 tbsp. balsalmic dressing).

S - 1 babybell gouda cheese, premier protein shake

D - 2 oz. beef tenderloin, 1/2 cup grilled peppers and onions

S - SF pudding, 1 tbsp. PB2, SF jello cups

Totals - 1039 calories, 71g carbs, 41g fat, 104g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

kellybelly333
on 5/11/13 6:16 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks everyone! Actually ran 20k in 2 hours and 27 minutes. Very happy with myself. Hoping to do my 1/2 marathon in under 2:30. Just might be able to!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

prairiegirl
on 5/11/13 3:30 am - Canada

B: Protein Coffee, cream of wheat, protein powder

S:  nsa greek yogurt

L: Chickpea soup, melba toast

S: premier protein drink

D: pureed beef, pureed mashed potato

S: NSA jello pudding

Almost 4 weeks post op.

I have stopped weighing myself as I become too frustrated with the ups and downs, so I am waiting until my follow up on May 22 to see how I am doing.  I feel good but still get very tired.  I am a little sad today because my amazing Mom went home after staying with me and my family for 3 weeks. I will miss her and am very grateful for all her help in my recovery.  It has been a stressful couple of weeks as my sister told me she had  breast cancer the day after I got back from the hospital. In the past two weeks she has had surgery, lots of tests and was told yesterday she is cancer free. Thank goodness. Because she is so young she will have preventative chemo for 2-6 months depending on her next set of results in two weeks. We are very close and it has been a very difficult time for all. I have tried to be strong for her and my mom but this surgery makes you so emotional. It's hard. Since we got such positive news yesterday we can all catch our breath .  I told her we would both lose our hair together! We had a good laugh!  You have to keep your sense of humour, right?

Thanks for listening!

Gina

Most Active