2+ years post RNY - just ran 20k

kellybelly333
on 5/11/13 3:31 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thank you Miss Julia. Hey GoodLife has vanilla Premiere Protein.....want me to pick you up some? Lol

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 5/11/13 12:16 pm - Canada

Hey way to go. Don't cut yourself short on the distance. You did 21. something because a full is 42. something.  No matter you did great. Just thought you would like to know the true distance that you did. Can I ask you what was your time.

kellybelly333
on 5/11/13 3:33 pm - Toronto, Canada
No. I was just training yesterday, so actually just ran 20k. Half marathon (Toronto Women's) is on the 26th. I am saving the last 1 k for that date

I did 10 and 1's with a time of 2:27. I hope to do under 2:30 in two weeks

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 5/12/13 2:44 am - Canada

sorry call me stupid.  Your time is great. Set 3 time goals for yourself so if you don't make the one you will not be disappointed. Just make sure one is after 2:30 say 2:38. on race day you never know what can happen so by setting one for around 2;38  you will not be disappointed. I would set the other for 2:30 and than your first time.  Good Luck on the race and let me know how it goes. Make sure you do no more than a 20 minute run the day before. No longer than that. No weight training the week of the race. Get lots of rest.Do a 40 minute run on the wed. Sorry about giving you all this information just trying to help you.  

kellybelly333
on 5/12/13 6:55 am - Toronto, Canada
My dear! I would never call you stupid!! You have been so helpful for me with learning about running and racing!! I'm doing Hal Higdon's schedule which has two rest days before the race? And 40 min run the wed before sounds about right. I wonder about the rest day though. That seems like I woul really need some get up and go after that no?

Also, I don't really have a time in mind for my first race. Even if its 2:45 or whatever, I'm just happy to finish! After that I'll work in personal bests

highlandbear
on 5/12/13 10:36 am - Canada

My trainer always says to do a run the day before the race so your legs will be up for the run the next day and ready.  I am doing a half marathon this Saturday so my schedule for the week looks like this. 1 hour run this weekend tabata Monday, rest Tue Wed 15 minute tempo run no longer than 40 minutes all together Thursday rest friday no more than a 30 minute light very light run. race day the Saturday. Feel free to use this to help you.  There is no way I would go two days rest than run a race. At the Y I go to we do a have a pro runner there.  In fact he just came back from Vancouver and came in first and I have been getting advice from him and he even says do a light run the day before but no major stretching before race you could pull the muscles. fast walk on race day. Hope this helps if you need to know anything leave me a message and if I dont know the answer i have two people I can get advice from

kellybelly333
on 5/12/13 11:15 am - Toronto, Canada
Awesome! That is very close toy schedule, but with a rest day before. I will do the 20 minute run instead. Although, I am supposed to do another long run next weekend. Like 2 hours, not one like you said. Hmm

highlandbear
on 5/13/13 8:39 am - Canada

I would not do a two hour run a week before race.  Way to long. You want to start to conserve your energy. With 3 years of racing I have never done a long run a week before.  Like I said I just go by my trainer and the this guy who is a pro runner. They have helped me. What ever you do you will finish and I want to see pictures

Delicious_Delilah
on 5/11/13 12:30 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Congrats Kelly!  Really inspiring!  

kellybelly333
on 5/11/13 3:34 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thanks!

Most Active