Big Thank you!

kellybelly333
on 3/25/13 12:59 am - Toronto, Canada

Thank you to everyone who posted on my Two Year post. I started saying thank you individually, but my computer is being slow, so i'm doing a group thank you here LOL

I know there was a lot of information with my story there. I posted everything simply because I want people to know that they are not alone, and as it was quite a struggle, it does get better.....and in other ways it does get harder.

Please post on here, go to support group meetings. Don't keep things inside. Get help if needed.

Lots of love!

Kellybelly (or KellyNoBelly, as some have suggested LOL)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Needanewbeginning
on 3/25/13 1:09 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

What an inspiration you are and so very open and honest to share your life with others so we see things can work out for the better. You have been through so much but made it through and look at you now! 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

kellybelly333
on 3/25/13 7:37 am - Toronto, Canada
Aww thanks!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Joanne D.
on 3/25/13 1:23 am - Canada

Hi Kelly

I hope that I can be half as successful as you! I gulped when you mentioned the staple gun misfired! Who was doing your surgery at that time and have you had any complications from that...I know they removed the part of colon involved, but no further issues....

Joanne

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

kellybelly333
on 3/25/13 7:37 am - Toronto, Canada
Dr. Aarts at Toronto East, but u wouldn't hold it against her. Purely equipment failure. And thank goodness it was a fixable issue. No issues regarding that since surgery. I did experience weird pain past summer, and had a scope and a cat scan. Everything was fine. I was kind of glad they did the scan, because the doctor showed me the staples and how they are all intact, no leaks or anything.

I, personally, wanted to know as much as possible about any complications that could result from this surgery, so I was thankful when people were open and honest. I haven't found anyone else who had a staple gun misfire, so I'm assuming its one in a million. That's just an assumption though.

My issues are iron deficiency and reactiv hypoglycemia, both of which can be controlled. I would do this all over again!

time2changeme
on 3/25/13 1:33 am

Hi Kelly:  I think you are the one that deserves the "Big Thank You"

Your such an inspiration and your words of wisdom keep me and many others going!

I like the fact that your honest about things and as you mentioned we are never alone when it comes to

this journey.  Sometimes I have found it's easier to keep things inside then sharing them

because a lack of support but your right, it does help!  Everyone has their struggles and

life is so much easier when people work together and support each other.

kellybelly333
on 3/25/13 7:40 am - Toronto, Canada
Yep! Get out and be noisy! Via therapy, I was taught that keeping things inside can be damaging and can cause people to transfer their addictions. (I said CAN, please note that). I chose not to go that route and I hope I stay on this path!

lilviolet
on 3/25/13 10:04 am - Canada

Just had a chance to read it Kelly.  I have to say you're an inspiration!  Congratulations!

Most Active