The Story of a Five-Year Veteran (& some advice)

andreadoe
on 3/20/13 9:47 pm - Newmarket, ON, Canada

Hi Dawn,

I know I don't come here often enough. Life somehow got really busy. But I try to touch base every now & again.

Take care,

A

OH Certified Support Group Leader for the York Region/GTA Support Group.
ohcardsmandrea.jpg picture by lynnca1972

tasha_the_dog
on 3/19/13 8:28 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada

Thank you Andrea!  You are an inspiration!  congrats on the surgerversary!

Jennifer

Referral to Thunder Bay Bariatric Centre July 2010 Orientation Class August 2010
Appointments with dietician, nurse practitioner and psychologist September/November 2010   Ultrasound November 2010
Scope June 10, 2011, meeting with surgeon Nov 29, 2011    surgery  VSG Jan 20/12
Surgeon: Dr. Gmora
HW 287

CW 169

merly6800
on 3/19/13 9:03 am - Canada

Congrats on your 5th Anniversary! 

Laurie C.
on 3/19/13 9:25 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Andrea:

totally enjoyed your post, thank you for posting

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Patm
on 3/19/13 9:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

At one year your post is an inspiration but also a caution to be diligent. Thank you for taking the time to inform. It is really appreciated

Patti K.
on 3/19/13 9:49 am - Kingston On, Canada

Andrea...as another one coming up to a 5 year anniversary, your post is so welcome!! thank you for your honesty...I'm sure that anyone that is in the "process" will welcome your wisdom and advice....Patti K.

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/13 10:22 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Andrea, today is my 5 month surgiversary so I feel like we are kindred spirits. Your post is most inspiring and I am thrilled that you went into so much detail.

I love your comment  "Avoid justifications/rationalizations:( It’s my birthday! It’s your birthday! It’s Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter/Halloween/Pollywog Day! It’s free muffin day! It’s the week-end! I’m on vacation! I’ve been good & I deserve it! Three bags of chips for $1.00! I HAVE to support the Girl Guides! Yada, yada, yada.)" that was the story of my life.

Thanks again for the great post. You are indeed an inspiration.  Good Luck and take care. 

EternalEx
on 3/19/13 10:25 am - Canada
Huge congrats on your success and thank you so very much for your post! I'm copying/pasting it for a reminder and inspiration.
G_mama_d
on 3/19/13 10:08 pm - North Bay, Canada
Thank you for this honest & inspiring post. I am just starting this journey and one of my biggest fears is maintenance. I appreciate when people are honest about the struggles. Wishing you continued success. Gael

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Mary A.
on 3/22/13 6:20 am

thanks for your brutually honest post..at 4 years post-op I share many of your thoughts and frustrations..you have said it very well..it becomes increasingly difficult to stay on track..something that people need ot know.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active