Compression Garments?

kellybelly333
on 3/11/13 12:10 am - Toronto, Canada

So I had my panni + muscle repair done six weeks ago. I've been wearing my binder until the end of last week (she said to move to spanx after 4 weeks). At 4 weeks I put spanx-type undies on that I had no problems with before surgery (used them for running), but OW they hurt, so I went back to the binder. So on Friday I was wearing compression running pants and compression running tank top and that felt great! So today, I tried the spanz-type, because i'm back to regular work clothes (not dress-down Friday), and I have to wear dress pants. I took it off because it was hurting my back and so uncomfortable when I sat.

The binder doesn't seem to be doing the job anymore, which is why they want you to switch after a certain time. But now I need to figure out what to wear that doesn't kill me!!

Any help?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Cuter_w_Curves
on 3/11/13 12:26 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Kelly maybe a trip into one of the places that specializes in the various types would be a good idea?

http://www.stellascorset.com/

http://www.whatgirlswant.ca/

I've been known to frequent both places but for different styles of clothing.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

kellybelly333
on 3/11/13 1:00 am - Toronto, Canada

I'm looking for something less restrictive. I didn't realize that things like spanx and such were too restricting. I've found a few places that sell medical compression wear. I'm checking them out now, thanks.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 3/11/13 1:12 am

I am going by memory - which isnt so good anymore...lol

try Mareno.com......

kellybelly333
on 3/11/13 1:36 am - Toronto, Canada

lol, your memory isn't serving right now. That didn't take me anywhere when I typed it in!

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/13 3:36 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'll help her mind.

http://marenagroup.com/

kellybelly333
on 3/11/13 4:12 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Tracey. Did you ever use these products?

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/13 4:18 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I didn't use that specific brand. Once I was done with the binder, I went to shapewear that looked like bike shorts.  Not quite as tight as spanx but not loose either.

Megan M.
on 3/11/13 1:08 am - Canada

I wonder if wearing a larger size of spanx would make a difference.  If you don't need super compression, that might be an idea.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

kellybelly333
on 3/11/13 1:38 am - Toronto, Canada

Possibly! I think it's funny that spanx I wore before surgery, a skin removal surgery, now seems too small! I am swollen still, so I guess it makes sense!

Most Active