What are you eating/doing today?

kellybelly333
on 3/4/13 11:03 pm - Toronto, Canada

This is just my opinion here, but I think your calories could even be higher my dear. Carbs are fine at 40, protein at least 80, and calories at least 800 at this stage.

I think your body has been in starvation mode long enough!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Aca-Verity
on 3/5/13 2:23 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Thanks so much for your concern and feedback Kelly-Girl! 

When I met with the dietician (Feb.6) for my 6 mos follow-up, although I had been aiming for Prot in the 60-80 range since surgery, she recommended that my ceiling should be "70" g for prot...apparently, due to my age and mobility issues.  I am just not active enough...like most of you....to be burning a lot of calories so, I don't need to eat a lot.  She understands that I keep my carbs on the low side 'cause I'm a "carboholic" and they trigger me so badly....the more I have, the more I want!!  Ugghhh!

I try really hard to get a fairly balanced menu that "works" for me (and, my health conditions....still NOT off Metformin yet...Grrr).

As one very "Smart Girl" once said to me...."keep on, keeping ON"(U know who she is LOL) which, short of a "body transplant" is all I can do, eh? 

BTW, I think it's FANtastic that you're going on a CRUISE....ur gonna "rock" that Bikini!!!  Take LOTS of pics for us!! 

TTFN  xoxoxo

kellybelly333
on 3/5/13 5:41 am - Toronto, Canada
Lol!!
Okay my love, I shall be done with the scolding. I just worry seeing calories so low. However, I do suppose if I included my calories burned in my 1200 a day intake, then I suppose we would end up eating the same amount. I was told not to count it as such. It's weird the information we get sometimes from the clinic isn't it?
About those bikini shots....hmmm. We shall see. I'm supposed to do a two year photoshoot, full body. With before and after comparisons....and, as usual, I get anxiety about it lol. That's this weekend's project. Fun fun!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/4/13 9:06 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I am lazy so never particpate in this lol... here goes today:

B: 15MG yogurt right now (8am) then a L coffee 1 milk (9:15am)

S: boiled egg

L: 2 small dill pickles cut into spears, some lemon Pepper PC Deli lunch meat and a cheese stringer

S: 1/3 cup of peanuts

D: unsure yet! but probably 1 mini roasted potato, half a chicken breast topped with shredded cheese and salsa and 3 mini brussell srouts with the tiniest bit of becel and Mrs dash

Patm
on 3/4/13 9:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Participate when you can. I love to see what people are eating. It often gives me ideas

birdiegirl
on 3/5/13 12:36 am

RNY  3 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning/afternoon

I finally have my hands on my computer.....whoever is starting - don't forget to put the day of the week......makes it easier for people to find - especially when the previous days posts are on the same page....

Eats:

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 2 oz leftover beef tenderloin

L - 10 small shrimp with sauce

2 ham-pickle-cheese roll ups

S - 8 triscuits with full fat cheddar

1 glass of wine....( don't forget I am on holidays....sort of)

D - 3 oz hamburger patty

cheese slice

tomato slice

onion slice

pickles

MFP stats for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,352,  Carbs - 59 grams,  Fat - 50 grams,  Protein - 123 grams

All water....vits.....more coffee

Have a great one......and glad to see this started Kelly   mail

Barb

Julia P.
on 3/5/13 7:28 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Good evening, everyone!

Here I am again, posting at the end of the day... am glad that the conference is over and I'll be getting back to normal soon.

I am going for a run tonight at the track (first day of Week 6 Couch to 5K training).

Here are my eats for the day:

B - Two yummy poached eggs at the Drake hotel, along with some fresh fruit

S - Babybell cheese, 1/2 a pure protein bar

L - Happy there were some protein options at the buffet today!  Had 2 oz. of salmon, and 1/4 cup roasted root vegetables (these did not agree with me as I was in the bathroom with foamies shortly after).

S - 1/2 a pure protein bar just after the foamies subsided and I was hungry again, then 1 premier protein shake

D - Not really feeling like it yet tonight, but will probably have 2 oz. of the chicken my family had already.

S - 1 SF chocolate pudding cup, 1 tbsp peanut butter

Totals - 1000 calories, 60g carbs, 46g fat, 94g protein

Have a great night!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Onward and
Downward

on 3/5/13 7:45 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hey Julia, I notice that you often have a tbsp of peanut butter in your menu.  Do you mix it into the pudding, or just eat it by itself?  Because a chocolate peanut butter pudding sounds pretty heavenly to me!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Julia P.
on 3/5/13 9:17 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Yep, that's exactly what I do!  I mix it right in there.  I used to add protein powder as well, but I usually get enough protein in a day without it now.  So it's just a nice treat that helps curb my chocolate cravings!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Most Active