What are you eating/doing today?

kellybelly333
on 3/4/13 7:34 pm - Toronto, Canada
Morning all. I'm up and remembered to start this. That's a good sign to me. Perhaps the anesthetic brain I seem to have been experiencing is subsiding?
Walking for me today. I can jog again next Monday!! Yay!

B: protein coffee and yogurt

S: roasted edamame

L: pulled pork and book Chou

S: banana and peanut butter

D: chicken and veggies.

I must say I am very happy to be with someone who is also health conscious. Makes life that much easier. I have never known a plate that didn't have startch on it before him, and before surgery. Now it's weird when we do have one. Which is maybe twice a month lol.

Have a great day everyone!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 3/4/13 7:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Whoops, I posted one at the same time as you, but you beat me to the "submit" button a couple of minutes before me. :)  I'll go delete mine and post here!  Glad your anaesthetic brain is wearing off!

I had a great eating day yesterday, and a nice scale day this morning as well.  I feel like I'm back on track again.  I even planned my menu and packed my lunch and snacks for today last night before going to bed - it's waiting in the fridge for me.  Sure hope I can keep this habit up! 

Nothing exciting happening today - just work, then home afterwards.

4 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 1/2 cup of NSA pudding (white chocolate flavour!) made with skim milk and 2 tbsps protein powder

L - Leftovers from last night - 3 oz chipotle pork loin, and a scant 1/4 cup of roasted veggies (carrots, bell peppers, garlic, onions)

S - 1/2 cup of grapes and 1 oz leftover hard cheese from a restaurant visit last week

D - 1 pickled egg on 2 pieces of melba toast (I'm often not overly hungry at night when I get home if I've been eating good snacks during the day)

S - 1 cup of skim milk

TOTALS: 90g protein, 19g fat, 55 net carbs, 745 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 3/4/13 8:00 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You two are up bright and early this morning. You will be glad to get back to jogging Kelly. It must seem like forever for you. After 35 yrs my husband sort of gets nutrition but he has never had a weight problem so although he tries he sometimes misses completely.

I wish I could get my butt in gear. Fell asleep by 8:30 last night after napping in front of the tv from 7:00pm. Need to find some energy

Michelle glad you are able to cook and organise again. It really does make a difference

My husbands meat loaf last night was not too good. Ended up throwing it up. So no dinner or snack last night has left me hungry this morning

b. greek yogurt , granola, blueberries, toast

s. baby bel, grapes

l. chili

s. protein tea

d lasagna without the noodles, salad

s. I'll see if I am still awake !

Have a good day everyone.

Onward and
Downward

on 3/4/13 8:03 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

You're not kidding - great to be able to cook!  I'm sure I'll get sick of it when the novelty wears off. ;)

Sorry to hear about the meatloaf not going down well!  No wonder you're low on energy.  Hope things go better today food-wise for you.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 3/4/13 9:19 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Think I might have a kidney issue. Probably from being on antibiotics for so long. I am trying some low cal cranberry juice in my water. Forgot to add to my totals

kellybelly333
on 3/4/13 11:07 pm - Toronto, Canada

Ross has always been athletic, and coaches Water Polo. Nutrition has always been important to him. I think naturally his family doesn't have weight issues anyway, but it's nice that he's not someone who is careless about eating....becuase he CAN. Know what I mean?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 3/4/13 11:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Yes I do know what you mean. My husband has gotten really good now and knows to eat his muffins and such at work. He is not a real junk food person so it is usually just sweets for special occasions.

Aca-Verity
on 3/4/13 8:52 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Good Morning! 

In my continuing effort to "shock" my system, you'll notice my Carb and Cal totals for today are quite high for ME!    Gotta get my scales moving again....somehow!! 

B - Premier choc shake + 1 T Flaxseed

S - 2 Laughing cow triangles

L - 1 c. Wendy's Chili + 1/4 c. Edamame beans

D - 1 c. Low Carb Chx soup w/30g spinach + 1 T Flaxseed

TOTALS:    646 CAL;    40G CARB;    21G FAT;    72G PROT;    18G FIBER

Hoping to drop 10 lbs by tomorrow!!!!      (Just kidding, of course!  mail)

Have a GR8 day Everyone!  :)  :)

Verity

2mar
on 3/4/13 9:06 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

I am much higher.... always

This is a typical day for me:

TOTAL: 855 105g 22g 68g       27g

calories -                                carbs                    fat                  protein                       fiber

Just starting with Breakfast I have : 269 cal - 33 protein - 30 carbs - 2 fat - 9 fiber......

I have to eat prunes and bran buds (will spare details) and have to eat 1/3 banana to avoid cramps. All high in carbs...

I better get my butt moving.... fast...

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Patm
on 3/4/13 9:16 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope this helps. It can be discouraging when nothing happens. You have done so great to date.

Most Active