Going on a Cruise! Question for cruise-goers!

kellybelly333
on 3/1/13 10:29 pm - Toronto, Canada

We have booked a cruise in April, and I can't wait!

And for the first time in my life, i'm going to wear a two piece (maybe a bikini). I didn't even wear one as a baby, when cute big bellies are ok to show off. LOL

They have spinning classes, and i'm happy about that. And of course, worried about food. But I want to make it a fun vacation, so i'm going to try and relax about food.

Now here's a question. I'm reading about data plans on the ship, and it doesn't look like there is a good one. Can anyone help? I'm with Rogers.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 3/1/13 10:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

We did not use the internet or anything else because the cost was pretty high. I would check with the ship you are going on to see what they charge.

As for food, there is such a wide variety of foods that I found I didn't have a problem. Ours even had small 0% yogurt every morning on the buffet.

Have fun

kellybelly333
on 3/2/13 12:09 am - Toronto, Canada

I know food won't be a problem. So many choices. I just want to be able to relax about food, but not overeat. I will be super-active though, which is new for me on a cruise!! LOL. Previously it was all about the foooooood!!

I guess i'll go with the ship's plan then. I would like to text once a day to see how my kids are, and use the internet for about 5 minutes a day.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

rickellz
on 3/1/13 10:54 pm - Canada

We go on a cruise at least once a year. I usually buy just the minimum plan for the cruise to check email every few days. I find it to slow to go on Facebook or similar sites. In ports I try to find some free WiFi at one of the cafes or Starbucks, and use my tablet to get in touch of what is going on back home.

Food is never a problem on the cruise for me. There are lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and usually your serving staff will get to know you and help you with selections. Word of caution stay away from the lemonade, and the ice tea, just loaded with sugar.

kellybelly333
on 3/2/13 12:12 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks. I don't think my ports will have Starbucks, in the Carribean, but I could be wrong! I'm going to Jamaica, Haiti and Cozumel.

I wouldn't even go near lemonade or iced tea. I have hypoglycemia and would be on the floor.

The minimum plan you buy, is it on the ship? Because it looks like the plans on Rogers doesn't work on ships.

2mar
on 3/1/13 11:14 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

not cruise related - sorry - but I need to go to Europe often and I am with Rogers. I purchase an additional data plan for my blackberry (data only - no phone : 50$ for 1 month) and that gives me plenty of options (but only with the blackberry - not the laptop). I did check yesterday for my laptop and that is indeed pretty pricey.

BluIzGal
on 3/2/13 12:36 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I just got back from a cruise wih Royal Caribbean and I believe without a package the Internet on their computers were $1.65 a minute. I didn't use it though and enjoyed the week without technology. In the 12 days I was gone I enjoyed all the food that was served and lounged most of my waking hours. Got on the scale after a full day home to properly rehydrate and was amazed to have lost 7 pounds. While I enjoyed the endless variety of food I was glad to get back to my normal food routine. In Cozumel I tried paddle boarding and it was a blast. The sea was rough but it was a lot of fun. Not as easy as the celebrities in gossip magazines make it appear. 

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Patricia

kellybelly333
on 3/2/13 12:52 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Patricia. I won't rest easily without texting my ex to make sure the kids are good. That's just me. I plan on 15 minutes a day max.

2by4
on 3/2/13 1:15 am

LOL... I read this too quickly.  I thought you were going to say, "I won't rest easily without texting my ex to let him know what a great time I'm having (without him) and to send him pictures of me in my bikini."

VBG: Dr. Abawi (Bowmanville) Jun-2004.   Weight Loss:  237 ⬇ 164 = 73 pounds loss in first year.
Bariatric Network Registry:  19-Aug-2011                               Orientation at HRRH:  17-Aug-2012
Consult with Dr. Hagen (HRRH): 29-Aug-2012              Doctor ordered Gastroscopy:  10-Oct-2012
Meetings with  Nurse,  Vampire,  Registered Dietician  and  Social Worker  (HRRH):  24-Oct-2012
Consult with Internist Dr Glazer:  29-Oct-2012          Ordered Cardiac Ultrasound 12-Nov-2012
Met with Dr. Hagen: 12-Nov-2012    Surgery date 19-Feb-2013     (07- Jan-2013 date revised)
Pre-Admission Tests:  10-Jan-2013     Started OptiFast: 14-Jan-2013     Starting Weight:  233
Conversion Surgery VBG ➜ RnY with Dr. Hagen:  28-Jan-2013          Weight day of Surgery:  216

kellybelly333
on 3/2/13 1:17 am - Toronto, Canada
Hmmm you might be in to something lol

Most Active