Finally...med-FREE!

kellybelly333
on 2/13/13 10:42 am - Toronto, Canada
Well, almost two years later, and I was just taken off my last medication. The Only one left was a water pill, that I was down to taking half a pill three times a week for high blood pressure. Today's reading 110/69. Yep, I no longer need it. Yay!! Another reason to love my RNY and life post-surgery.

Kelly

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

JJ_
on 2/13/13 5:49 pm

Congrats!!  I was taken off my water pills after the first week of Opti.  The blood pressure meds stopped post-surgery.  I absolutely loved stopping all the meds.

The only med I still take is for my thyroid, which is not weight related.

Judy

kellybelly333
on 2/13/13 7:03 pm - Toronto, Canada
My BP was so high they almost didn't do my surgery It's been normal, and below normal for about six months, but my doc kept me on the very low dosage, just to be sure. According to a small amount of family history that I have (I'm adopted), high blood pressure is a big concern.

I was off Metformin, cholesterol pills, my CPAP and anti-depressants day of surgery. The BP took forever to regulate!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 2/13/13 6:28 pm

Agreed - the BEST thing about WLS.....no meds....and it means you are healthy!!!.......which is really what its all about eh?

kellybelly333
on 2/13/13 7:05 pm - Toronto, Canada
It really is! My daughter called me skinny the other day, and I corrected her to say healthy. She agreed and hugged me tight snc said, "I love my healthy mommy."

Onward and
Downward

on 2/13/13 7:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Very nice!  Good for you.  I hate taking pills, and even the vitamins we have to take are a huge challenge for me.  So I can definitely understand why you're thrilled over being off all your meds!  Not to mention, of course, the wonderful benefit of not having high blood pressure!

Diabetes runs in my family - practically everyone gets type 2.  I'm hoping that I'll be the exception to this rule now that I've had my RNY.

Great NSV!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Aca-Verity
on 2/13/13 9:16 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

YAY KELLY !  

EternalEx
on 2/14/13 3:58 am - Canada
Congrats! I'm so looking forward to dropping as many meds as possible!
Most Active