What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/13 10:01 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
I've bought them at Sobeys before.
Patm
on 1/22/13 10:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Is the latte from Starbucks sugar free? I still worry about sugar since I was diabetic and do not want to go there again but am always looking for a new drink

Jenaypea
on 1/23/13 1:03 am - Canada

Hey Pat,

When you order a "Skinny" drink from starbucks it means sugar free and skim milk - you can order sugar free versions of almost all of their drinks.

J

Patm
on 1/23/13 1:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I tried a skinny Chai at Second cup. It was made with skim milk and a ton of sugar. I couldn't drink it. I will have to check out the Starbucks drinks

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/13 1:24 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

If you want a true skinny chai, you are better to ask them for whatever size of steamed skim milk with a chai tea bag in it and then you can get a pump or two of SF vanilla syrup or use a sweetener or two in it, that way the only sugars come from the milk.  Nobody has a true skinny chai tea, they all use a mix for their chai lattes and it's full of sugar, you can ask for it fat free but never going to be sugar free unless you get a steamed milk with chai tea bag.  You can also say you want a skinny london fog but instead of earl grey to use a chai bag.  Skinny usually means SF and FF but some places won't tell you that some syrups only come in full sugar.  I had ordered a skinny pumpkin latte and the girl was good and said I can make it fat free but not sugar free as the pumpkin syrup only comes in full sugar.

Patm
on 1/23/13 1:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Tracey. I have been making my own with skim milk and vanilla protein powder. At least by making it in the office I do not need to brave the cold. I really am a suck when it comes to cold.

Jenaypea
on 1/23/13 3:24 am - Canada

Pat have you ever tried Karen M's tea fog recipe?

Karen M wrote   "I make them at home. Tracey taught me, though I know she is PISSED that I cheat and use the microwave instead of a (gawd-awful-expensive!) milk steamer.   Just put a cup of milk (regular or almond or soy, whatever you choose) and a tea bag of your favour, in the microwave for 2.5 minutes.  Remove the tea bag and add a shot of sf syrup of your choice.   My favourites are a London Fog (earl grey tea and vanilla shot) and most especially chai (chai tea and cinnamon shot)."     i have them often at home.  My fave is chai tea bag with SF brown shar cinnamon syrup.
Aca-Verity
on 1/22/13 8:25 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Good Morning Everyone! 

Lotsa "early birds" today !   KELLY....your new pic is HOT!!!    JULS...CONGRATS  on ur NEW date!!!

B - Premier Choc shake + 1 T Flaxseed

S - 1 Mozzarella cheese stick

L - 1 c. Low carb chicken soup + 1/4 c. Edamame beans

D - 1 fillet Highliner Wild pacific salmon + 30g steamed spinach + 1 T Flaxseed

TOTALS:    596 CAL;    17G CARB;    23G FAT;    80G PROT;    12G FIBER

Have a GR8 day!  :)   :)

Verity

kellybelly333
on 1/22/13 9:54 pm - Toronto, Canada

Hahah. Thanks. That's from last summer. A bathing suit in public (but at a WLS party, so not terrible).

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Julia P.
on 1/22/13 9:04 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 3 months post-op

Changing my food up yesterday seemed to help - I am now solidly in the 230's (was just under 238 this morning!). 

Here's my plan for today:

B - 1/4+1/8 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/8 cup All Bran Buds, 1/4 cup blackberries, SF syrup.

S - 1/2 Pure Protein Bar

L - 1/2 cup chili, 2 tbsp. sour cream, 3 pieces whole wheat melba toast.  1/2 cup spinach salad (with cucumbers, tomatoes, and 2 tsp. oil and 1 tbsp. balsalmic).

S - 1 Babybell Gouda Cheese, Premier Protein Drink later on.

D - 3 ounces of chicken, 1/2 cup broccoli.

S - 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 pack Splenda, cinnamon, warmed up (nice snack on a COOOLD night!).

Totals - 837 calories, 60 carbs, 28g fat, 91g protein

Stay warm today!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Most Active