What people are saying....

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 10:55 pm - Toronto, Canada

I'm fine now. It's true, i'm the most active in my office. And probably the most active person I know right now. And I say for now, because who knows what it will be like a year from now?! Thanks for the support!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

mermaidz
on 1/16/13 5:38 am - Brampton, Canada

Well I havent met ya but based on the opinions of others, you're GORGEOUS!

But here's the thing about your shoulder. See how it is tomorrow. You might have just lifted the wrong way. See if you can move it in all directions tomorrow.. gently.

If you can't and it's painful in a specific spot , you might wanna go get it checked out

signed

a$$hole

lmao.. kidding!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 10:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

LOL. I am much better today, and definitely lifted the wrong way. Today my chest is sore (the usual kind, like when you lift weights two days previously) and my shoulder is tender, but fine. I'm staying away from weights on my own for a bit. Someday I hope I can afford a personal trainer.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

mermaidz
on 1/16/13 11:39 pm - Brampton, Canada
As a chickley who used to do weights, the big secret to it is proper technique (proper lifting technique with the right weights and direction)and the correct amt of weight..starting low and increasing gradually. Ive seen more than a few people hurt and do damage...getting even just a couple of lessons to start you off....doing that for a bit..then maybe having another lesson for the next increment....you rockand im envious..am also on my smartphone waiting for dr wondeful lol

kellybelly333
on 1/17/13 2:13 am - Toronto, Canada

I used to lift as well, and now what I know for sure is that I can't lift as much as I used to. I've had many lessons in my life, and I was just being silly with the amount of weight I used.

Thanks for saying I rock..that's so nice :-)

mermaidz
on 1/17/13 3:29 am - Brampton, Canada
Tis true. I wish i was where you are at physically...go girl!

ShallowGirl
on 1/16/13 7:29 am, edited 1/16/13 7:29 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I agree that most people are above 25 bmi and don't work out.

Our faces are thinner than... our asses for example.. so we can look "too thin".

You just have to ignore it.

Re your shoulder, I would try to see someone about a rotator cuff injury.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 10:58 pm - Toronto, Canada

I am sure I just overdid it. Everything has relaxed. The meds I took yesterday, with rest, a bath, ice and overeating carbs (yes, the last bit wasn't necessary) helped.

PaulaToronto
on 1/16/13 7:58 am - Toronto, Canada

You are an athlete and athletes do injure themselves at times.  I had way more injuries when I was overweight from falls, etc. than I have had since I have lost weight and started working out.  Ice, rest, tylenol and then heat but you know that.

In terms of the extraneous comments I agree this hurts especially if its from people you care about. My response is that I am working with my "team/my doctor" and I am more than OK. That usually shuts them up fast as I don't engage in the conversation.  

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 11:00 pm - Toronto, Canada

Yep. They are just concerned...and they're happy to hear i'm doing a light run today, and tomorrow off. We're all talking sport injuries here this morning at work lol

Most Active