What people are saying....

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 12:30 am - Toronto, Canada

So, I have messed up my shoulder. I ran 5k yesterday in 28 minutes, and then did weights. I haven't done weights on a regular basis, and I feel like I did too much. Felt it yesterday....really messed up today. I just came back from a massage....wish I went for an hour, instead of just half and hour. I don't feel better. Just took Tylenol.

So, I come back, and work people ask if I feel better. I say no....right away they tell me i'm working out too much. That i'm hurting myself.

I feel that i'm following the marathon training program, and people aren't used to that, so I can see their concern.

THen i'm told i'm getting too thin. WTF? I'm JUST in the normal BMI range. Apparently i'm looking sick, with the few extra pounds I just lost.

I think the only person who can tell me i'm doing too much is my doctor. I will be seeing her at some point for PATTS for my surgery. It's just upsetting.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

jewel-twin
on 1/16/13 12:33 am - Canada

People are all full of opinions.  YOu do what YOU have to do and don't worry what they think...the truth is that things level out and they will get used to you being thin and it won't be an issue anymore...

Its in peoples nature to tell you to stop doing something that is "hurting" you... Ignore them...do what you need to do and all will be just fine.

Juls

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 2:50 am - Toronto, Canada

That's true. I'm the most active in my workplace....and went from the least active. They all come to me now for advice on diet and such (they know I had surgery). They're just looking out for me. I shall ignore.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 1/16/13 12:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I agree it is up-setting. Since I have met you I can honestly say you look fantastic. You do not look sick in fact you look very healthy. I would guess non of these people are working towards such an ambitious goal as a marathon and just do not understand the work it takes to take on something that big.

I have been asked some some people "Your not going to lose anymore are you!" Surprisingly they are not close friends or family who support me as I am. Although my husband has mentioned my boney shoulders LOL

Just smile and nod. And keep up the great work

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 10:34 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thank you. I think that people are just not used to the "new Kelly". My mom says, "you're not going to lose anymore right?" All the time. I think she worries that I'll go too far!

Karen M.
on 1/16/13 12:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

Opinions are like ******** - everyone's got one.  I've seen you.  You look just fine. Take it easy, would ya?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 10:35 pm - Toronto, Canada

I took it easy...I ate like a pig and rested on drugs. I'm a new woman today!! LOL. I love that opinions line.

ToNewBeginnings
on 1/16/13 2:27 am

Yeah I can see how that would be annoying. But wouldn't you have loved to hear that pre-surgery? (working out too much and getting too thin).

What I know is you looked darn cute "before" in your Timmies pic and you look great now.

You may be overdoing it a little but better to be overdoing a workout than overdoing it at a buffet! 

You are working hard at this, be proud!

kellybelly333
on 1/16/13 10:53 pm - Toronto, Canada

I AM working hard, and enjoying it! So screw everyone else!! LOL

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/13 4:45 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Kelly don't listen to that bull. Most people are over the healthy BMI and most don't work out. So naturally they are going to say your doing too much and your too thin.

You know your are totally supported here.

Big Warm Hugs don't let it upset you.

Most Active