Running and Mother Nature do not mix (girly issue - I warned you fellas!)

kellybelly333
on 1/12/13 10:50 am - Toronto, Canada

Thought I replied to this, but maybe my phone didn't send it. I thought even having a partial hysto had you off for a month?? It's good to hear otherwise! Not sure i'll be able to get the two surgeons to chat, they are at different hospitals. I'll check with my PS on Friday perhaps!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/13 8:43 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'm sure if  you had it done alone, you'd need some time off but if done together you'd recover from both together and it wouldn't be any extra pain as the hysto really had none as far as I am concerned. If done alone, it would depend which way they did it if you would need much time off as there are 3 ways to do it, vag, lap and open. 

kellybelly333
on 1/12/13 9:28 pm - Toronto, Canada

All great to know. Thanks Tracey!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 1/12/13 5:38 am - Canada

The weather was so perfect for a run today. We had a hundred and 10 minute run today and I found out that I was dressed to warm.  Sorry your run was cut short. The only advice I can give you is to try and learn to run through the times when your body is hurting. The only reason I am saying this is because you could be like this on a race day and if you train yourself now to handle it than you know you will be able to handle it on race day. Try and run where you know there is a bathroom. Have a good run tomorrow. I am on a rest day. I am going to take it and do that. 

kellybelly333
on 1/12/13 6:39 am - Toronto, Canada

Well...with a bit of TMI, it became a bit too much of a flow...along with the cramps. A bit of cleanup and such...yep TMI. But after the cleanup I just was done. The pain was very low-lying too...felt like my panni was a bowling ball. Just not a great day for a run, and I shall move on and learn.

kellybelly333
on 1/12/13 6:41 am - Toronto, Canada

ps - if today was like yesterday, which somehow ended up being more like a Day 2, I would have been better prepared. And if this happens on race day, I will have to make at least four stops during a 1/2 marathon :-( Won't stop me from doing it though!! And, I knew by 8k that I would have to go home for this one....lucky for me I was 2k away from home...the plan was to swing by and pick up Rosie (our dog) for the last 6k. Oh well. It was a beautiful day for sure. Glad you enjoyed it too!!

Heathergetbetter
on 1/12/13 5:44 am, edited 1/12/13 5:44 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

I hear ya Kelly!

I ran my first 10k on Thursday and I'm on the Depo shot, so generally no period. At km 9 the cramping hit. Finished in pain to find my period had made a brief and fierce appearance. All gone already at this point.

Pushing through the pain is what I did,  but it sucks. I remember when I was a kid, I was so pissed to find out that erectile dysfunction or embarrassing erections was pretty much the worst of it for men, while we women have to bleed and cramp EVERY month. I thought it was horribly unfair.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
kellybelly333
on 1/12/13 6:42 am - Toronto, Canada

LOL, you sound like my daughter. Check out my post above. I will be better prepared for the surprise of the intensity of TOM during a race!

Most Active