Another FitBit post - About my little girl

kellybelly333
on 1/8/13 5:33 am - Toronto, Canada

It makes me cry a little to....watching her follow my footsteps. She has said more than once that she hopes she won't have to have surgery too someday :-(

I was super-active at her age. I never said no to chips. I will say that Hannah loves chips, but is saying no because they hurt her stomach. She has brutal gas after eating them, and some other fatty foods like ice cream. It's almost like she dumps! So, she gets sad to say no, but she does now....because it's not worth the pain.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/13 7:41 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

So nice to her making some good choices all on her own, I am sure you are proud.

Amanda F.
on 1/8/13 8:35 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

That's a great story! It's good for kids to be aware of their activity levels and how they might improve them, especially in today's society where kids are becoming more sedentary than their parents. She's lucky to have such a supportive and loving mommy and daddy!

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

Karine
on 1/8/13 8:39 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12

hey, I don't come here often but I just came across this post of yours!  Hannah is a really good looking girl, not skinny, not fat, just perfect!  Maybe a small belly, but activity will get rid of it in no time!  As I said on facebook, having a mother like  you as an exemple and felling how proud of her you are, that can only be good for her!

xxx

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

kellybelly333
on 1/8/13 9:06 am - Toronto, Canada

Thank you darling!! She never got to see the message today, but will see it tomorrow!

She isn't huge by any means, but bigger than I was at that age, which is the doctor's concern. For her height and weight she is overweight heading toward obesity. We want to jump on that now, which is why we are getting her more active!!

Your words made me teary! xoxo

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karine
on 1/8/13 10:08 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
On January 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM Pacific Time, kellybelly333 wrote:

Thank you darling!! She never got to see the message today, but will see it tomorrow!

She isn't huge by any means, but bigger than I was at that age, which is the doctor's concern. For her height and weight she is overweight heading toward obesity. We want to jump on that now, which is why we are getting her more active!!

Your words made me teary! xoxo

It is better to take the problem now than wait for too long!!!  

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/13 11:14 am - Straford, Canada

Carbs are my daughter's primary issue.  Can not seem to get her away from them without a fight and since she's 18 the fight is short and infrequent as at her age she has to decide to get better!  Good news on her fitbit, hope it gets her moving lots!  I don't know if any of you are gamers but I just started using the Xbox 360 Nike game!  OMG its fun and it gives a great workout!  kiss

time2changeme
on 1/8/13 11:41 am

Kelly your such an inspiration to all of us and your daughter!

Miss Hannah has been blessed to have you for her Mom, the open communication

between the two of you is so special, what a precious Mother-daughter bond!

Congratulations to both of you angry

Most Active