What are you Eating/Doing today? Monday

lilviolet
on 1/6/13 11:58 pm - Canada

Today I'm purging clothes.  It's so much fun and so satisfying to get rid of the clothes that are already HUGE on me plus getting rid of the clothes I had that I didn't like but I had because they fit.  I've got two bags to donate, one bag to throw out and one bin to sell because they were barely worn and are in perfect condition.

The pounds haven't been falling off, but I can see such a difference in the way my clothes fit and I know i'm dropping inches.  I went shopping on the weekend because I needed to get a few pieces of clothing that looked decent on me.  I was shocked to fit into an 18/20 already!  I was giving out high fives in the store. LOL I used to be a 30/32 so this was huge for me.

B = one egg scrambled with a little 1% milk, 1 tbsp cheddar and one slice of low fat ham (19 g of protein)

S = 1/2 cup 1% milk and greek yogurt with all bran buds (not at the same time)

L = left over Swiss Chalet chicken (so happy my tummy liked this!)

S = 1 babybel lite, 1/2 cup 1% milk (not at the same time)

D = roast chicken, broccoli and cauliflower.  If room left then a bite of roasted potato.

S = laughing cow cheese (1 wedge) and 2 melba toasts

Don't have everything entered into my fitness pal yet. 

Did about 45 min of cleaning this morning and I'm planning a few laps around the mall this afternoon.  Picking DH up at lunch to take him to the gym and will be getting a membership for myself.  I can't wait to get into the pool!

chipmunk_roasting
on 1/7/13 1:18 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I absolutely love your clothes-purging story.   I'm sure I don't have to tell you how happy you're going to make some other women who are the beneficiaries of your hard work.  It is just so hard to find plus size clothes in second-hand stores.   Me?  I plan to add to that happiness, too, in the not too distant future.

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Patm
on 1/7/13 1:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Don't buy too much. You will be shrinking out of the new stuff pretty soon.

chipmunk_roasting
on 1/7/13 1:32 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

For sure, Pat.

I had to buy a winter coat at the end of October as my old one bit the dust before I could get one last Ottawa winter out of it.

ValueVillage saved me at least $150 -- I found a size 4X Pennington's warm, warm coat for $21 and I thank the unknown donor each day.  

Cheers!

mmm

(second OptiFast done and downed - 62 to go)

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

lilviolet
on 1/7/13 5:53 am - Canada

Just bought a couple pairs of pants and some tops that were on clearance.  Nice to not have to get what fits and instead can get something you like.  I needed pants that didn't fall off me when I walked. LOL 

The winter coat is a big deal for me this year.  I'm refusing to buy one because I don't want to spend the money.  I have one that's doing pretty well for me and I'm happy with it.  I had another one that I'd saved that I bought about 10 years ago (and could barely do it up).  I tried it on last week and it was huge on me.  It's not even worth having new buttons put on because it looks so big so that's being donated as well. 

Chanelle1022
on 1/7/13 1:49 am
Here go's! Please offer advice if you have any !

Brkfst- premiere protein shake

Lunch- egg salad (1 hard boiled egg and 1 tsp of low fat mayo, served warm)
1 whole wheat melba toast ( book says its allowed at this stage- just chewin like mad)

S-1 tbsp 0% oikos greek yogurt with small amount of sugar free jam

D- 2 tbsp roasted red pepper hummus and half of an Amooza cheese stick

S- ( if hungry) either half of protein shake or 1 tbsp peanut butter

Totals : fat 18g, carb 31g, protein 52g (current stage according to book we are to get between 50-60g protein a day) and calories 493- seems a little high-

Trying to get the hang of this advise is always welcome!

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

Joyce J.
on 1/7/13 2:02 am - Scarborough, Canada

Hi all

I never stick with posting here, but lets see what happens this time LOL

I am 7 years post RNY, down 130 pounds

8:00 Premiere protein shake

10:00(home made) Wrap with one egg, 2 slices of bacon, slice of cheese. Time Hortons has nothing on me LOL

12:30 Apple

1:30 Roast beef, peas, salad with dressing

4:00 Two Iogo yogurts(fat free, sugar free)

Dinner, not sure. Will be protein and veggies

Going to Aqua Fit after work

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Most Active