APPROVED for Panni!!! YAY!

cayleighsmom
on 1/3/13 4:03 am
RNY on 06/05/12

so excited for you!! i have been looking at mine wondering if i would be able to get approval.  Care to share any secrtes tips act.  what is the current requirments for approval??

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 5:09 am - Toronto, Canada

You know, I'm not exactly sure these days. I do know that you have to be a year at a stable weight. Pretty sure that's without regain. Also, you need to have enough extra hanging down over your pelvis. I also have rashes (but got a great cream for that), and complained of new lower back pain, especially when running. My compression pants have helped with that. But I just can't wait to have no pain at all!!

The doctor said I was borderline for surgery without any complaints (like the back pain and rashes). So i'm guessing those two items helped with the decision. Sh

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 5:15 am - Toronto, Canada

You know, I'm not exactly sure these days. I do know that you have to be a year at a stable weight. Pretty sure that's without regain. Also, you need to have enough extra hanging down over your pelvis. I also have rashes (but got a great cream for that), and complained of new lower back pain, especially when running. My compression pants have helped with that. But I just can't wait to have no pain at all!!

The doctor said I was borderline for surgery without any complaints (like the back pain and rashes). So i'm guessing those two items helped with the decision. She warned me that they are getting very strict at OHIP, and said she would put in an appeal for me, if we needed to.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica M.
on 1/3/13 4:04 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

that's so exciting, Kelly (soon to be kellynobelly)

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 5:17 am - Toronto, Canada

I will always be kel.lybelly...have been since I was a kid...before I had any sort of a belly. And then it became a joke when I was pregnant....and then never really spoken of much after that.....huge belly, no baby inside...not as funny lol.

I will be kellyflatbelly

Monica M.
on 1/3/13 10:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i like that.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/3/13 11:40 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I got the ShelleyBelly at school... It started right after the teacher in all her lack of wisdom bought a new book for the class:

I was... THRILLED!   Never did get the belly though... More like... Thunder Thighs. *chuckle*

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Karen M.
on 1/3/13 11:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh how thoughtful of the teacher. Sheesh.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/3/13 11:49 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Looking back on that teacher I can honestly say she was a daft, batty **** Not nice but she was awful and made my life a living hell along with other classmates.

It was all about singling us out, and this particular teacher was the one who helped me develop my ability to "hold it" for hours upon hours". No washroom breaks outside of recess and who's going to give up recess...?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

kellybelly333
on 1/4/13 12:02 am - Toronto, Canada

Aren't teachers like that the BEST? I had one teacher say to us, "It's MISS Jones, not Mrs. Jones. Unless one of you goes out and finds me a husband, it's MISS Jones." She reminded me of the Wicked Witch of the West.

Most Active