APPROVED for Panni!!! YAY!

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 11:39 pm - Toronto, Canada

I know! Happy New Year to me! Puts a cramp in my marathon training, but will do it in october instead.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

ShallowGirl
on 1/4/13 12:25 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Awesome - congratulations!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Mary A.
on 1/4/13 2:51 am

congrats...will you be opting for any additional surgery such as the tummy tuck?

I have still to call my PS back and see what the additional (Out of pocket costs) will be.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Onward and
Downward

on 1/4/13 5:13 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Wow, that's fantastic!  Good for you!  Very happy for you.

How long did it take for you to get approved?

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Ottawa34
on 1/11/13 1:54 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Congratulations :)    I just had a quick question .... *****ferred you for your panni ?  Was it your weight loss center or your family doctor ?  I've had issues with rashes since before surgery and they still persist, I have my dermatologist willing to keep documentation for me but I'm wondering if I should be asking my weight center for the referal.

Thank you and good luck :)

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

kellybelly333
on 1/11/13 7:10 pm - Toronto, Canada
I got my referral from my family doctor. I went with the name of the surgeon I wanted (recommended by a friend,who had a panni done, and I saw her work and liked it). I also get rashes and have cream from my family doctor for it. I also prepared by taking pictures iof the rashes because I didn't have them daily. An of course they were pretty clear when I went to the plastic surgeon lol. I was considered borderline for approval, and I have no idea what helped their decision, I am just happy they did

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active