APPROVED for Panni!!! YAY!

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 4:44 pm - Toronto, Canada
I will! And I suspect that I won't have an incredible amount of change in regular clothes. Clothed, I look pretty normal. I had a few people say that it was hard to believe I needed the surgery.....until I showed them. It really is just redundant skin with little fat underneath, on top I my bones.

In yoga wear, that will be a different story. It's Very noticeable In Yoga wear

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

happypants
on 1/3/13 12:00 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Kelly I am SOOOOOOO Happy for you!! You much be so excited. 

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 4:45 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thanks Ann!! Excited and scared!! Lol

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Poppy53
on 1/3/13 4:19 pm - Timmins, Ontario, Canada

That's very exciting news - congratulations!!!!!

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 4:45 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thank you veryone for your support! I will keep you posted in my journey!

Happysmile
on 1/3/13 5:17 pm
Awesome. I am so happy and excited for yoi.
Megan M.
on 1/3/13 9:03 pm - Canada

Exciting!  Very happy to hear of another approval.  My referral should go in at the end of this month at my next clinic visit. I have been stable since last April. Even though I want another 20 lbs gone, my body seems to have found its sweet spot.  I try to be content with that because I'm in my 50s so I don't expect to weigh 130 lbs again.  Pulling my socks up to my flabby thighs this month to see what happens if I get back to real basics of protein and veg mostly.  Thinking back, I believe my progress slowed when I started to eat a more normal diet that included more carbs and wider variety of foods.  But I do have to say I am living vicariously through you and anxious to have the flabs removed.  Hope it happens quickly for you!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

kellybelly333
on 1/3/13 11:38 pm - Toronto, Canada

I for sure slowed when I did the same, so I went back to the basics and got to my ultimate goal of 100 pounds lost. You are a few months behind me, so it could still happen. I maintained at 135-139 for the longest time (7 months), and then dropped the last 4 pounds that I wanted to lose in November. I have maintained at 131 since then. I think my running schedule has helped with that, along with my eating plan that I pretty much stick to daily.

I read somewhere that getting as much off as you can is a good idea before plastics, as they can remove more skin that way. I'm going to ask how true that is.

So you're going through your clinic for your referral? I never even thought of doing that! What clinic are you with?

Megan M.
on 1/4/13 7:32 am - Canada

We have a bariatric assessment centre in Thunder Bay.  The NP does the referrals, I think.  I am hoping to go to Dr. Nan, although there are two others they refer to.  I'm hopeful that being referred by them will help with the approval, although I do have a large panny that hangs over the hooha.  Have you ever seen a mother carrying a baby in one of those sling things?  Well, that's what I have hanging below the waist - a baby in a sling!!  I hate this particular kid . . .

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Nathalie_Can
on 1/3/13 9:27 pm

Amazing good news!  What a great way to start the year!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Most Active