What Are you eating/Doing today? (New Year's Day)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/1/13 12:30 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

So did you make it until midnight? :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 1/1/13 10:18 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Didn't make it past 10:00pm. Next year I think I need to go out to keep me awake!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/1/13 12:55 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Kelly!  Enjoy your daughter's birthday!

I woke up at 10:30 or 11 this morning because we stayed up until 3 a.m. playing board games with our friends last night.  Copious amounts of alcohol consumed (by them, not me!) made it pretty fun, including one friend who usually has one or two at the most drinking about half the bottle of champagne!  A good time was had by all. 

I just tracked all the nibbles I had last night, and surprisingly, I was pretty good!  I guess that's why I dropped to 279 this morning.  I was pretty happy about that.  I had a lot more carbs than I usually do (although not outrageous or anything), but when I factored in net carbs, it wasn't so bad, since I provided lots of fruit and veggie nibbles along with the not-so-WLS stuff.  I keep having to wrap my head around the fact that when I eat more (to a point), I lose more than when I undereat.

So, today, I'll probably be eating leftovers of the nibbles from yesterday.  And since we tidied up last night before going to bed, I have a nice tidy house today.

8 WEEKS POST-RNY

Brunch - Premier Protein Shake

S - 10 grapes, a few spears of red pepper, and 1 light babybel cheese, and 1 ounce of cambozola cheese (it's a substantial snack, but I missed a meal and snack this morning by sleeping in!)

D - 1 glass of skim milk, followed a little while after by 10 Paris Toasts topped with 10 thin slices of cucumber and 1/4 cup of Mom's delicious turkey spread

S - 1 glass of skim milk, and since I have room in my carbs and fat, 1 (one) leftover baked hors d'oeuvre from last night.

DAILY TOTALS:

• 721 calories (not over 800, but I can only cram so much in when I wake up this late)
  • 58 carbs (52 net)
  • 25g fat
  • 72g protein

Have a great day everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Aca-Verity
on 1/1/13 1:26 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Yo Michelle!  Did you get the chicken spread recipe from your Mom yet??  I see it can also be made w/turkey?? 

Verity    C Ya on the 15th @ the Friendly Greek!!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/1/13 1:27 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yes, I posted it in yesterday's What Are You Eating thread, but didn't do it until later in the day.  Enjoy!

And yeah, the chicken or turkey is interchangeable!  Great thing to do with your leftovers after having a big turkey dinner, and it freezes well too!

See you then, looking forward to it! 

Aca-Verity
on 1/1/13 1:33 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Muchas Gracias!     Will check it out today ! 

Gabygee
on 1/1/13 1:00 am - Canada

We went for (Greek) dinner and a movie last night, then out to a bar for some wings and a beer and shouting "Happy New Year!" at everybody before stumbling home to bed at 2:30.

Needless to say, a bit of a late start today. Oh well, back to the grind tomorrow.

B - 1 slice German rye w smoked salmon and cream cheese, large coffee

S - 1/2 muffin (homemade bran) w honey and 1/2 banana

L - leftover Greek salad w roast chicken

S - trailmix with a skinny Matcha latte

D - leftover egg-ham-hollandaise skillet

Out for a walk in the snow today, then a swim afterward. Warming up  in the hot tub after that.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/1/13 1:29 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Oooh, I'm salivating over your breakfast!  Don't mind me, while I sit here sipping on a protein shake... :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/13 1:33 am
Well I'm preop but I'm making changes to my diet (love me I'm preop!)

Breakfast
3 egg whites scrambled with one mushroom cut up
1 grapefruit

Snack
25 almonds

Lunch
Small turkey wrap on whole wheat
1 apple

Snack
1 cheese string

Dinner
1 boiled chicken breast
1 cup of plain rice
1 small salad with balsamic vinegar

Can't wait to see what my post op diet looks like hahaha
happypants
on 1/1/13 2:08 am, edited 1/1/13 2:09 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi Kelly and Happy New Year!! Just read your blog from yesterday, its spectacular 

I had Chinese food for the first time since my WLS July 2011 and I was sick to my stomach. This is the first time I have had any food related issues, anyone else react to Chinese food? Perhaps this was just a fluke seeing it is flu season and all

B- coffee x 2 with cream & Splenda

Oatmeal with a wee little bit of maple syrup

L- sausage & turkey stuffed mushrooms and cheese crackers etc (my son is coming over) Yippy!!!

S- See lunch as i clearly wont need a snack

D- Leftover Chinese food from last nights New Years Eve dinner

Enjoy your time today with family and friends!!! 

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Most Active