What are you eating/doing today?

Aca-Verity
on 1/1/13 3:13 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Hi Mermaidz....Can't remember where I got this from....maybe VSG forum?.....but, I will post it on the recipe site in the next day or two and let you know when done.  Not me with the Hemp Hearts....think it's Tracey or Karen M ???

Onward and
Downward

on 12/31/12 2:51 am, edited 12/31/12 2:52 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Oh lordy, today has been a PITA food-wise.  And not the bread kind of PITA. :)

I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep.  At 6 a.m. I had a protein shake (wasn't hungry before then).  Then I crashed until about two and a half hours ago, got up, painted my nails, took a long bath, and I'm hungry and can't think of anything I feel like eating.  I'm just about to kick my own ass into the kitchen and make myself something.

I know why, too.  I'm procrastinating.  We're having a couple of friends over tonight (casual, to ring in the new year) and the place is a mess, and so I have to not only clean it, but also prepare the nibbles for tonight.  And while I feel like the company tonight, I don't feel like doing anything in preparation. 

Luckily, I'm keeping it simple.  Some frozen puff pastry hors d'oeuvres (for them, not me), some meatballs and BBQ sauce, my mom's chicken spread on Paris Toasts and cucumber slices, maybe a baked brie with my mom's homemade habanero jelly (mostly for them, but I might try a nibble of that, avoiding the jelly), devilled eggs, and some of the endless Christmas cookies that everyone in my family baked way too much of and have been passing off on each other like they're the plague.

Hey...my husband just came home from work.  He's outside right now.  Huh.  That's a surprise.  Well, good, he can help clean then.  :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Onward and
Downward

on 12/31/12 3:32 am, edited 1/1/13 1:53 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Oh...the chicken spread recipe!  I promised this two or three days ago. :)

1/2 Package (4 ounces) 95% fat free cream cheese, softened

Note:  Original Recipe called for 8 ounces of cream cheese – we cut it down to 4 for better consistency

¼ cup mayonnaise (reduced fat Hellmans)

2 tablespoons lemon juice

½ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon ground ginger (substitute minced fresh ginger to taste if preferred)

1/3 teaspoon pepper

4 drops red pepper sauce

2 cups finely cut-up, cooked chicken or turkey (process in food processor)

2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (in food processor)

1/4 - 1/2 cup walnuts

Mix cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, ginger, pepper and pepper sauce.  Stir in chicken & eggs .  Mix everything well.  Cover and refrigerate until firm (4 hours). 

If using a small container, coat bottom and sides with a small amount of mayonnaise, add walnut crumbs sufficient to coat bottom & sides of container.  Spoon chicken mixture into container and top with more walnut crumbs.  Alternately, shape mixture into ball or log and coat with walnut crumbs.  Cover with plastic wrap to store.  Freezes well.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Patm
on 12/31/12 5:47 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Looks good must try this

Onward and
Downward

on 12/31/12 8:12 am, edited 12/31/12 8:22 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

It's great!  And the totals are great too - from MFP (minus the walnuts since hubby is allergic):

Per 2 tbsp serving: 31 calories, 1 carb, 1g fat, 4g protein

I often have a quarter cup at a time.  Why not?  8 grams of protein that come so cheap calorie, carb, and fat-wise?

With the walnuts, the fat and carbs will be higher, but I don't find that I miss the walnuts.  A little salt and pepper and it's perfect.  And maybe a dried cranberry or two to top it off...(got that idea from Verity)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/1/13 1:54 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Pat, I made a mistake above - I meant to say 1/2 package of the cream cheese, which is 4 ounces, not 1 package, which would be 8 ounces.  Hope you haven't made it yet!

Aca-Verity
on 1/1/13 1:46 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Hi Michelle.... did you post this on the recipe forum....I can't find it....it's a LOT for me to "write" out with my crappy hands 

Onward and
Downward

on 1/1/13 1:49 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'll do it right now.  It's there, about three or four posts above this one.  But no worries, I should have posted it in the recipes forum to begin with.

I'll put it in the chicken recipes thread. :)

Aca-Verity
on 1/1/13 2:14 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

I did find it here (above) and tried to print it off by using the "quote" button, which in the past, has usually worked for me....NOT this time tho'.  AND, 'cause I'm "puter challenged"  ....don't know of any other way to print it...Srry.  Now, will go to the recipe section...the recipe really looks YUMMY!!  Thnx again  

Most Active