Opti Fast? no Opti Blahhhh

Zmimshen
on 12/27/12 4:00 am - Canada
RNY on 01/15/13

So I finally started my Opti diet... I was supposed to start it on the 25th but we were away from home and with the 2 babies in the car and everything going on I decided to give myself a 2 day pass and start today (gee.... not a great start).

And yes it is pretty blahhh... I was never crazy about shakes....

For you coffee lovers I did find a way to make the vanilla shake much better by adding 2 tsps. of instant coffee and mixing it with lots of water and ice and some extra sweet&low.... made it taste almost yummy.... like a thic**** coffee.... too bad we are in the midst of a snow storm.

Can anyone tell me what type of broth we can have? my hubby will be at Walmart later today and I would love for him to pick up something savory I can have.

Orientation: Apr. 3, 2012; SW&NP: May 29, 2012; Nutrition class: June 19, 2012; Nutritionist: Aug. 29, 2012; Surgeon: Nov. 9, 2012; Surgery date:January 15, 2013; Highest weight: 357     Start of Opti weight: 338.6     Surgery Weight: 322.4   

NorthernStar
on 12/27/12 4:10 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

You should be able to have any type of broth. There's no need to focus on low-sodium since you're eating so little anyways. I really liked beef broth, much better than chicken. Grab a few and you can see what you like best.

I also added decaf instant coffee to my vanilla Opti and it made it much more palatable. I couldn't stand plain vanilla Opti on its own, that little jar of Tasters Choice really got me through!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/12 5:27 am - Canada

I'm just starting my second week of Opti.... I'm using the boxed broth (both beef and chicken).  2/3 cup only 10 cal.  I made the mistake of getting low sodium and it was extreamly gross !!!  I'm back to using regular.... much better tasting  :-)   

Best of luck !!! 

Most Active