Low Sugars lately and getting sick?

Janet13
on 12/20/12 4:45 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi there...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your blood sugar.  I finally came off my diabetic meds in June and about a month later I started having extreme low blood sugar levels and fainting (actually hit my head on cement at one point and broke my neck, just got out of my brace)  The drs. have been doing tons of tests to find out why this is happening, I hope for answers soon because this is not fun at all.  I do hope you find a solution and if so, please post it. 

"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

kellybelly333
on 12/20/12 10:22 pm - Toronto, Canada

RH is becoming more common after RNY. Some people don't find themselves having low sugar issues until at least 2 years out. I was earlier at 9 months. No, it's not fun. It was really good for a long time (after being not great at all for a long time). It's unpredictable, which is the frustrating part.  

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

PaulaToronto
on 12/20/12 7:19 am - Toronto, Canada

It can go up especially if you are in pain and it can go down when you are fighting something.  My sugars were very low when I had the influenza over a month ago.  High fever and congestion equalled low blood sugars.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

kellybelly333
on 12/20/12 10:24 pm - Toronto, Canada

I haven't had the up, only the down. I check my sugars regularly. My blood pressure can go up in pain though :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/12 8:58 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

So sorry you are not feeling well. I am not sure about what happens with your blood sugar when you are run down but it would stand to reason it could drop. I hope you feel better.  

kellybelly333
on 12/20/12 10:23 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Debra. Yes, it seems to be the case. Feeling not great in the tummy today, but I seem to have a clear head (first sign of sugar issues with me...muddy head)

Most Active