Crosspost - LOST MY FIT*****!!!

kellybelly333
on 12/11/12 7:43 pm - Toronto, Canada

I had a bit of a rough day yesterday. I've been fighting constipation, and feel pretty miserable. Even though it was supposed to be a day off, I decided to go for a short run, in hopes of getting things moving (as sometimes it does). Got all bundled up, grabbed the dog and off we ran for .5k then I realized that I forgot my fitbit when I got changed. So back I ran. Hastily put it on my outer layer of my wind breaker pants, and off I went. Came home, and it's nowhere to be found. Re-walked the 5k with a flashlight and still nothing. So sad. Went over calories out of sheer anger. Good to know that anger eating is still and issue. Sigh.

Ross promptly ordered me a new one. Not even remotely baffled at  my tears of frustration over a tiny gadget. He understood my little obsession with it, and more importantly how much it motivates me. I love him.

NOTE TO EVERYONE WITH A FITBIT, wear it in your bra ladies (as I normally did) or in a zipped pocket.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 7:46 pm, edited 12/11/12 7:53 pm - Straford, Canada

jockstrap guys, every little bit helps...    get it; bit...  

kellybelly333
on 12/11/12 9:55 pm - Toronto, Canada

LOL

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

ToNewBeginnings
on 12/11/12 7:51 pm

I'm sorry that sucks. 

The positive : You went for a run and more importantly, you have Ross. (I have a 'Ross' too!).

I hope you still find it.

kellybelly333
on 12/11/12 9:56 pm - Toronto, Canada

Rosses (rossi?) Ross'? Are awesome! LOL Still nowhere to be found.

mermaidz
on 12/11/12 8:53 pm - Brampton, Canada

Awww KellyBelly I'm so sorry you lost your "*****".  She might still turn up yet (it's hard to find stuff when there's daylight never mind in the dark)

But.. almost as importantly, your body, not YOU, needs the break from working out. It gives your body time to heal. It is just as important as working out.  It takes muscles 24 hrs to grow new fibres to repair the "damaged" ones so if you keep tearing the "injured" ones you don't build any resistance or muscle, you just damage your bod..k?

(( hugs ))

Hope your "*****" turns up for ya honey!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

kellybelly333
on 12/11/12 10:09 pm - Toronto, Canada

You are very right. I had asked my doctor *****commended at least one rest day before my long run. She suggested the second rest day, but said I could do some light cardio if I would like. I can walk everyday, but I chose to do a light run instead. As long as I get that absolute full rest day a week, i'm good. It's hard to sit still!!

Also, most importantly, it would be a different story if I was doing Body Pump or weights daily. I only do that once a week.

Joyce J.
on 12/11/12 9:07 pm - Scarborough, Canada

Hey Kel,

That really sucks, what a great guy Ross is though. I want a fitbit sooooo bad. Sounds like a great little gadget

Hugs

Hope to see you tomorrow

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Marls
on 12/11/12 9:46 pm - Canada

Joyceeeeeeeeeee  How are you doing?  Put the Fit***** on your Santa list!!! 

kellybelly333
on 12/11/12 10:10 pm - Toronto, Canada

Yep, i'll see you thursday. The gadget is wonderful!

Most Active