Mark Your Calendar! Sunday, 11/18/12

andreadoe
on 11/13/12 11:09 pm - Newmarket, ON, Canada

Hi guys,

November's York Region/GTA support group meeting will be very special. We will have a Registered Dietician coming to help us understand how to read labels. She'll also offer general nutritional advice.

The meeting will be on Sunday, 11/18/12 at 2:00. It's located Upstairs at Loblaws at 301 high Tech Road in Richmond Hill (Hwy 7 & Bayview). 

These meetings are excellent places to get your questions answered, find great advice & helpful tips. Please make every effort to come out.

During this meeting, our guest speaker will be able to answer our most commonly-asked questions like:

1)      What’s the difference between Sugar Free & No Sugar Added? Can we consume No Sugar Added products?

2)      Do I have to avoid natural sugars like fruit?

3)      What are examples of “good” fats vs “bad” fats?

4)      What are examples of “good” Carbs vs “bad” carbs?

5)      Is it OK to take sugar substitutes like Malitol?

6)      Is it OK to drink alcohol while losing weight?

7)   What is the difference between organic & non-organic?

8)   What’s the difference between sugar & carbs?

9)   I now suffer from Hypoglycemia. How can I avoid a sugar low?  

10)   I now suffer from constipation. What foods can I take to get things moving naturally?

11)   I now suffer from iron anemia. What kinds of foods can I take to get my iron levels up naturally?

12)   I’m vegetarian. What can I do to get my 60 grams of protein/day?

13)   Is it OK to take sugar substitutes (ie: Splenda etc). How much is OK to take daily?

14)   Is it OK to drink diet soda?

15)   I’m supposed to drink 8 cups of water per day. Does coffee or diet Coke count as water?

16)   Is it beneficial to track food while losing? If so, why?

As always, there will be a clothing exchange at this meeting, so please feel free to bring those things that no longer fit. Bring a shopping bag to take home your new clothing finds too! The entry fee is $5. Support people are welcomed free!

I look forward to seeing you.

OH Certified Support Group Leader for the York Region/GTA Support Group.
ohcardsmandrea.jpg picture by lynnca1972

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/17/12 6:09 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I want to go as I love the York GTA ones but I might not pull this off. It will depend on how I am tomorrow...

Have fun to all going!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active