how much water do you drink?

prdmomof3
on 11/4/12 4:22 am - Canada

Hey everyone....I am 19 months post-op and was just wondering how much water does everyone drink in a day??  I can usually drink 1.5- 2 liters a day.  That is the right amount right??

Michelle...thanks for all your input! broken heart

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 4:25 am - Straford, Canada

I think that's OK. I get in about 2.5 to 3 per day but this hump on my back makes it really easy to carry the extra around!  

Laurie C.
on 11/4/12 5:13 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hi Michelle:

I'm almost 5 months out and I drink 2.5 to 3 litres approximately

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 6:10 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

how many 500 ml bottles is that a day.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/4/12 6:32 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

1 L = 1000 ML = 4 cups

Hope that helps...

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

PatXYZ
on 11/4/12 6:27 am, edited 11/4/12 6:28 am

The amount of water you are getting each day is not important, it is the amount of total fluids - this includes protein shakes, tea, Crystal Light, milk, etc. 2L is the minimum you need daily including ALL fluids, many people get much more than this.

I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
aprilbennett1965
on 11/4/12 7:13 am - Canada

Straigh****er I drink 1L per day...I then drink 1 L a day of other fluids so I can be sure to reach my daily intake

Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

ROSIESMILE
on 11/4/12 1:04 pm

Same here - and that is my understanding of the target.

I struggle more on weekends.  At work, my bottle is with me all the time, and the air is so dry, so I seem to reach my target at work. Still room for more water on weekends though.

birdiegirl
on 11/4/12 7:41 pm

I find the more water only I drink the better I do.....not sure why....maybe because I am concentrating more...

EVERY day....I drink 2 litres minimum of water only.....I do not add up my other liquids....but between herbal tea and decaf coffee I likely get another 1.5 - 2 litres in.....

No cal fluids can help stave off hunger.....also - I follow the NO liquids for at least 30 minutes after meals religiously....( only exception is wine with a meal....which doesn't happen too often)

I agree that the important thing is to get 2 litres of any type of fluid in....that would be the number one daily goal.....and I also appreciate that not everyone is able to attend the washroom at will during the day....job related or otherwise -  but if you can drink more....and get used to it....I think it bodes well for when you are further out and looking for ways to avoid shoving something in your mouth...

ToNewBeginnings
on 11/4/12 8:10 pm

I try for 8 cups of fluid.

I average between 6 an 8.

For me that's the 1c of water I put in my oatmeal in the morning, a few decaf coffees, sometimes crystal light (more in the summer) and milk in a protein shake.

Most Active
Recent Topics