My One Year Surgiversary...

TraceyM45
on 11/3/12 11:11 pm

Wow, I can't believe it has been a year since I was wheeled into surgery...terrified of the procedure and exhilarated by the future with hope for a better healthier life..yes the first few weeks were tough but it was worth all of the anxiety, stress and waiting.  I have officially lost 150 lbs and 120", that is mind boggling to me still! For those of you waiting or just getting started keep a personal journal it really helps to see your progress-some weeks I didn't lose a pound but lost inches.

I have gone from a size 3x-4x top to a medium and pants from a 20-22 down to 6-8.  I can shop anywhere and wear what I want, however I am still mentally grasping that reality so I do get the anxiety when I go to try things on that they won't fit or will look really bad...just in my head.  I take my vitamins and try really hard to get lots of fluids everyday, watch my protein and admit that there are days where that is tougher than others. I feel better physically and mentally than I have in a very long time.

I don't miss the crappy food. I don't tolerate food that is processed, sugary, breads, fats or pork products...I have a sensitive pouch and I am ok with that it keeps me honest.  My exercise is limited to walking for now, a car accident and the closure of the local indoor pool has me restricted for the time being...do hope to be doing more soon. 

Personally I am developing my confidence and that takes time, I have done more things, gone out dancing lots, a few first dates and some second ones, went to wonderland and rode the roller coasters for the first time in my life and had a blast.  People I haven't seen in a year walk right by me or stop and gape doing the "holy crap" face and then go into the question/answer phase....I am honest I tell them how I succeeded and am proud of my choice and success...if they want more information I direct them to this site. 

I don't post but I do read your stories, trials and tribulations...stay strong, have faith, make positive changes and set goals...most of all love YOU enough to give yourself a chance it will be worth it! 

Best wishes,

Tracey

ps, I have photo's on my profile, if I can figure out how to upload here i will...

Julia P.
on 11/3/12 11:18 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Congratulations on your 1-year Surgiversary, and your tremendous success!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Poe2004
on 11/3/12 11:21 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Sounds like you've had a great year. Congratulations
Patm
on 11/3/12 11:37 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats on getting your life back and your success.

Dar_Mab
on 11/3/12 11:39 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Congratulations on your success!  And thanks for sharing that inspirational vision!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/12 11:47 pm - Straford, Canada

Congrats on your achievements angry and attitude! Real pleasure to read your post!  Thanks!  kiss

sleevelena
on 11/3/12 11:49 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

Love your post - Thanks for sharing!  I'm looking forward to riding those coasters too someday!

Elena

sam1am
on 11/3/12 11:57 pm

Congratulations, Tracey!  You are stunning in your pics!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

ShallowGirl
on 11/4/12 12:33 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Awesome, and congratulations on dating - that is truly terrifying!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

DonnaK12
on 11/4/12 1:26 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12

That is awesome!!  Congrats!

Most Active