Private room question

Lovinglady356
on 10/16/12 10:54 am - Canada
In response to 2mar, HRRH DOES have private rooms for us. I was aked two weeks ago when I went to pre-register if I wanted to "reserve" a private if it was availalbe. This would be mine if there was no one else that needed it for isolaton purposes. I was on the fence do declined.

Antionette

mermaidz
on 10/17/12 1:15 am - Brampton, Canada
On October 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM Pacific Time, Lovinglady356 wrote:
In response to 2mar, HRRH DOES have private rooms for us. I was aked two weeks ago when I went to pre-register if I wanted to "reserve" a private if it was availalbe. This would be mine if there was no one else that needed it for isolaton purposes. I was on the fence do declined.

Antionette

"if" it was available.

That's a big "if". Pts requiring isolation take precedence over WLS pts. And when I was there 6 weeks ago, they had few private rooms and those were inhabited

Don't want you to be disappointed..

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Onward and
Downward

on 10/16/12 8:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
I have coverage for semi-private.  Private would be nice, but it's only two days, so I'll suck it up and do semi-private.

I've been hearing horror stories about roommates from hell, so I'll also be sure to bring earplugs.  One friend told me about being in the hospital for another procedure (not WLS) and he ended up with a roommate who had some sort of tube down into his stomach, and one night the guy attempted to rip it out, with all the accompanying squishy-suction noises and gagging and choking sounds.

Earplugs and an mp3 player it is.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Kathleen101
on 10/17/12 3:02 am
I had coverage for semi private but was very lucky as I never had a room mate for the two nights I was there!!!!!!
If you have semi private ......take a chance like I did........like you I want private but didnt think it was worth it to pay..........too costly!!!
Most Active