Cravings are MASSIVE today

kellybelly333
on 10/4/12 2:06 am - Toronto, Canada
I haven't given in to them, and i'm about to go spinning, which will stave them off I hope. But, i'm craving food in general today. I have no reason for it. Nothing emotional. I'm quite happy. I'm hungry....and not at a certain time of the month either. Ticks me off!!!!

That is all. I'm done now. lol

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

avivaps
on 10/4/12 2:10 am
RNY on 02/28/12
I've been battling them (not always successfully) lately.  Keep having to remind myself one moment at a time, get back on the wagon and focus on the journey...hope your day goes well.

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

SassiestLassie
on 10/4/12 2:44 am - Nepean, Canada
Kelly all I can say is that you have to come to terms with your mind hunger now before it comes back to bite you in the butt.  Take this advise from someone who knows and didnt follow the same advice as Im giving you and am going through everything the nd time around.  Figure out your triggers, whether its boredom, sitting in front on Tv work stress, family stress.  Its so important to deal with it now.,  Wishing you the best on your journey

kellybelly333
on 10/4/12 3:24 am - Toronto, Canada
I take that advise very seriously. It's days like this that i'm glad I go to a WLS coffee night most Thursdays....and it's tonight!!

If I give in now, then I can just see myself just wrecking my weekend. Today it seems like there aren't any triggers at all! I'm sitting back and wondering. I'm already planning on a physical weekend (out of bed ;-)  haha) with the last week of the boutique gym I joined. I plan on going daily.

What's funny about that too....and myfitnesspal says it, is that I have to get out of the habit of thinking that I burned enough calories to have _____ . That's a slipperly slope for me,.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 10/4/12 2:52 am - Mississauga, Canada
OH, I have days like that as well.  I read the WAYE eating thread and want everything everyone else is having. lol  I've really learned to plan meals and buy ingredients that I love to eat. Then I'm not so tempted when someone mentions something - I try to remind myself I'm having something yummy too.  It "usually" works.  Not always. Hence my occassional potato chip indulgence. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 10/4/12 3:41 am - Toronto, Canada
Today it's not a "I want chips" thing, and perhaps I shouldn't have entitled this "cravings". I just feel like my regular amounts of food is not filling me today. It's days like this that scare me. Which, I suppose is a good thing.

Posting it on here, instead of ignoring it...yep a good thing!

Also, nice to hear that i'm fairly normal and that sometimes you give in...and then that's that. At 6.5 years out you are still where you want to be, and that's amazing.

debralight
on 10/4/12 3:01 am - Canada
I had a day like that yesterday. So I can really relate.

I have no easy answers.. I just gritted my teeth and drank (crystal light) my way through it.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

kellybelly333
on 10/4/12 3:42 am - Toronto, Canada
I LOVE your tagline. It's something I have to learn to get my skin thicker...it's physically loose, but it doesn't have to be mentally!

kellybelly333
on 10/4/12 3:47 am - Toronto, Canada
Feeling better after my spinning class. I put on an angry game face, and sweat out my frustration. I think i'll grab a coffee. That'll fix me!! heh

ToNewBeginnings
on 10/4/12 5:16 am
I have days like that too. Sometimes I wonder if I truly AM hungry and eating enough?

Most Active