Scope Results

kellybelly333
on 9/26/12 12:28 am - Toronto, Canada
Had my scope yesterday, and all was well in my stomach. No ulcers to report, and not enough sludge to take out my gallbladder (sigh). I did hit a sugar low during the procedure, which made for some fun stuff...I guess...I was out of it, so I didn't even know. Slept through Act II of War Horse last night though and super groggy and low sugars again today. Booo for that. Cat Scan on October 5th to rule out twisted bowels and obstuctions or hernia (which I don't believe I have, since my pain in very few and far between). Doctor figures my attacks are gas coupled with bad heart burn?? All very confusing really.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica9811
on 9/26/12 1:18 am - Peterborough, Canada
Glad you don't have ulcers but I am sure it is frustrating not knowing exactly what is causing it. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon!

kellybelly333
on 9/26/12 2:11 am - Toronto, Canada
It's only once in awhile. Can be scary though!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica M.
on 9/26/12 1:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
well, at least you've ruled that out.

boo for low blood sugar..

hope you get things figured out, keep us posted!!

kellybelly333
on 9/26/12 2:13 am - Toronto, Canada
So what kills me the most today is that i'm still going crazy with sugars, and all I can think about is how much I want to go for a run again. LOL. Addicted much? I would be running in circles with my arms flailing if I went today. hehehe.

But yes, at least I ruled out an ulcer. Anyone know what else they can see when they do a scope? Do they look into your pouch? Or just your stomach? That wasn't really explained to me, and of course, i'm only thinking of it now.

Patm
on 9/26/12 2:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I would think they are scoping your esophagus and pouch. They would not have access to your stomach once it is closed off.

Karen M.
on 9/26/12 2:35 am - Mississauga, Canada
I have read (though I don't have studies or personal experience) lately that there is a new method to actually "scope" the remnant stomach.

Anyone?  Info?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 9/26/12 10:56 am - Toronto, Canada
 When they showed me the pictures after (which were very cool) they kept saying stomach, not pouch. I am certain they somehow looked at my stomach for the ulcer. 

ShallowGirl
on 9/26/12 10:58 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I think since it is doing the digesting, the medicals call it the pouch the stomach, and the unused part the remnant.

This pouch thing I only heard of here on this forum.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Patm
on 9/26/12 2:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Glad it wasn't an ulcer. Hard when they can't figure it out. I appear to have a hernia. Have to see the surgeon on Friday to find out. I hope it isn't a big deal to fix. Being an idiot I asked the nurse practitioner at my 6 mth check up what he thought the lump could be. Didn't have a clue it could be a hernia.

Most Active