Kids say the darndest things!

Kerry F.
on 9/24/12 10:09 am - Bolton, Canada
So I have to admit that the most annoying outcome of this surgery for me is that I am gassy.  A lot.  I burp all the time, no matter what I eat or drink or if I'm fast or slow.  It's become a constant source of humour for my family; with two little boys at home, mommy burping sends them into fits of giggles.

Yesterday my 7-year old had a friend over.  I overheard them in the living room after we'd had lunch:
"Your mom burps alot."
"Ya, that's 'cause she had drastic bypass surgery."
"What's that?"
"Well, the doctor did an operation to make her stomach smaller so now she can't eat too much.  Like she'll say I pass."

Seriously.  I died laughing.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Karen M.
on 9/24/12 10:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
Love it - absolutely hilarious!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

gardeninggal
on 9/24/12 10:46 am - Midland, Canada
 too funny ....they sure don't miss much eh? lol

Moselle
on 9/24/12 10:51 am - Athens, Canada
I love it!
P_Floyd
on 9/24/12 11:26 am - Canada
 Ha! So logical and literal. Kids can be so much fun when they are just being themselves.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

avivaps
on 9/24/12 12:05 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 Oh my gosh that is hysterical!

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

time2changeme
on 9/24/12 12:15 pm
Nothing puts a smile on my face quicker then a child being so innocent and coming out with the funniest things, it's interesting listening to them play together!  Look out when they start to imiatate you!  Thanks for sharing this!!
Beth1970
on 9/24/12 12:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12
I love it!  Drastic bypass! That reminds me of a woman I used to support who often would tell me about her annual monogram and bone destiny tests.  Thanks for the chuckles!

ShallowGirl
on 9/24/12 12:53 pm, edited 9/24/12 12:53 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 1:39 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Love it!
Most Active
Recent Topics