Girls Weekend and NSVs

kellybelly333
on 9/24/12 5:49 am - Toronto, Canada
So, because I'm a stressful girl and it's hard for me to settle down and take it easy, I chose to do just that for my girl's weekend at my cottage. With that said, I drank wine, Crystal Light margaritas, had a few carbs and protein and a whole lotta laughs.

Oh yes, and I ran 10k for the first time EVER!!

One of the girls is a runner, so I brought my stuff (including new spanx-type undies to hold in my panni - the last time I attempted running, my back was killing me for days from the motions of my panni running faster than me). Well, that girl was very hung over, and I wanted to run, for no other reason than it was a beautiful, albeit cold, day.

So, turned on my Map My Run and off I went. Somewhere around 2.5k I decided I would do more than 5 k. At 5k, I turned around and ran back home thinking I would need to walk partially the rest. But I didn't, I was Forest Gump....I just kept RUNNING!!!!

Amazing feeling. And I came into my cottage, where the girls were sitting in their jammies, reading magazines and drinking coffee and I cried. And they all cried. Then I jumped into the freezing cold lake to celebrate! LOL

Yesterday I was tired, but I managed 5k. Also, at 2.5k my stomach was letting me know it was time to turn around and head back to the bathroom!! Did you know running gets lots of things moving????

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 9/24/12 5:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
That is awesome. Congrats on the 10k. That must of felt great. However the jump in the lake must of been a shock to you. I hate cold water so can't imagine the swim.

kellybelly333
on 9/24/12 6:30 am - Toronto, Canada
Trust me! It was a spur of the moment, crazy idea. I can barely get in the lake in the summer!! (since surgery) It's a deep lake too lol. I literally went in and came right back out...just to do it. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 5:55 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Run Kelly, run!!

That's awesome :) Running is one of the things I'm really looking forward to being able to do post op. It makes me so happy everytime anyone on here talks about being able to do it now. 

kellybelly333
on 9/24/12 6:31 am - Toronto, Canada
It's truly amazing. And i'm glad that I can do it without pain now. In July, I didn't have the spanx. Can't believe the difference it made!!

Nice to see you yesterday BTW :-)

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 7:33 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
It was nice to see you too. So many new people for me to meet, I wish I'd had a chance to speak to you. Next time :)
kellybelly333
on 9/24/12 3:10 am - Toronto, Canada
Yeah, it was a GREAT turnout!! :-) Next time!

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/12 6:07 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Congrats!! Can't wait until I am ready for where you are now!!
kellybelly333
on 9/24/12 6:35 am - Toronto, Canada
Soon enough!!! And I totally recommend the spanx wear (or whatever knock-off you find) for all the extra jiggle we get!

Monica M.
on 9/24/12 6:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're freaking awesome, and it sounds like you have awesome friends!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active