Why delete a post?

kellybelly333
on 9/12/12 9:24 am - Toronto, Canada
Nah. If I feel like I said something that I shouldn't. I would just apologize and not delete. But that's just me. I'm just suprised at seeing so many deletions lately. It just seems weird

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 9/12/12 6:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I am the same way.  If I typed it, I said it, I own it.  If I need to apologize, I do, very willingly.

In my opinion, deleting seems to happen when there is (gawd forbid!) "DRAMA" aka someone doesn't agree with someone else, someone doesn't hear what they want to hear - instead the truth and common sense - or someone corrects someone who is giving gawd awful, shameful advice to others that is potentially dangerous.

Then, the deleting begins.  People think that deleting is rewriting history.  Ummm... nope. Sorry.  In case you didn't realize, as soon as you respond to someone, they get it in their email inbox and can read every single word you wrote.  Deleted or not, you still wrote it, said it and OWN IT.

Frankly, I find that type of deleting childish.  Grow up and own what you say.  Take the consequences, whether positive or negative, and move along. Just because you delete your comment doesn't mean it wasn't said and it does NOT change history.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mermaidz
on 9/12/12 4:26 pm - Brampton, Canada
On September 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM Pacific Time, Patm wrote:
Have you ever had one of those days when a post triggers your inner ***** I have a knee jerk reaction then realise it is jusy me having a bad day. Then I feel it is better not to respond and delete what I have put
I really like how you expressed that. "inner *****". I have her too but she lacks filters sometimes

And I also really like how you stated "better not to respond and delete what I have put". Well typed. :)

Kelly, don't ya ever type something, hit "send", and then read it and go "naww that's not what I'm trying to express" or "that came off WAYYY nastier than what I intended"

Why does it bug you if people delete their comments? lol I seriously wanna know.. not to start a dramafest .. Just curious

Karen M.
on 9/12/12 7:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Read my comment to see why it bugs ME, personally.  In addition, it is very impolite Internet ettiquette.

Karen

mermaidz
on 9/12/12 10:08 pm - Brampton, Canada
On September 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM Pacific Time, Karen M. wrote:
Read my comment to see why it bugs ME, personally.  In addition, it is very impolite Internet ettiquette.
LMAO... I have been on the net for a number of years and I have never ever heard of deleting a post as being considered impolite.

Seriously, if someone deletes a post, why should it bother me. I just don't care that much. There are so many other things in the world to get cranked about.

I gots other things to worry about anywho

Like how many more hours until I can have pureed food!!!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Karen M.
on 9/13/12 3:56 am - Mississauga, Canada
Yes, and I've been around the interwebz awhile, myself. Like.... 25 years or so.  You typed it, you said it, you own it. No deleting history. That's just childish.

Karen

Nathalie_Can
on 9/12/12 9:30 am
ROFLMAO too funny!!!!!

I LOVE YOU all, well, almost all....lmao...and PLEASE do not ever change

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

kellybelly333
on 9/12/12 9:39 am - Toronto, Canada

PS - I like your tag line, i've never noticed it before!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Nathalie_Can
on 9/12/12 9:41 am
Ok for real, don't laugh but I'm French...lmao...what's a tag line?  eheheheheheh

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

kellybelly333
on 9/12/12 9:59 am - Toronto, Canada
Your quote in your ticker about Experience. I like it. I suppose it's not really a tag line, which is normally used for a company. My tagline for my photography business was "Capturing life's special moments."

Most Active