Protein Coffee - recipes and tips please

Moselle
on 9/8/12 8:35 am - Athens, Canada
It usually makes 3 large, fairly creamer coffees. I take it to work in a Mason jar and it will keep for a day or so. It does start to separate but just give it a shake or two and it's as good as new.
kellybelly333
on 9/8/12 8:43 am - Toronto, Canada
 Cool. I made one with that this morning and drank the rest of the shake :) it was yummy!

New question, which I will post in the forum too. Does Leanfir make you poop? Since starting it I've been having to hit the toilet two hours after. The protein is the only pasty of my diet that has changed.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

PaulaToronto
on 9/8/12 3:27 pm - Toronto, Canada
I make coffee protein drinks two ways.

1. add heaping teaspoon instant decaff coffee with one pump of SF carmel syrup to a pre-made Premier chocolate drink, add ice and blend.

2. if I am using powdered unflavoured protein I use Almond Milk instead of water and then add the ice, instant coffee and syrup if desired and blend.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Cuter_w_Curves
on 9/8/12 5:40 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
I have a Tassimo (lazy ... maybe but handy when in a rush) so I did a double Skinny Latte today (a single is 35 cal so no biggie there). Used one of my magic bullet mugs (added ring after blending), 1 scoop Vanilla Sky Iso-Femme powder, and 2 ice cubes **** not needed really but I wanted to cool it enough to drink it faster).

It was thicker than a Skinny Latte but not much more than a caramel machiato... Hope that makes sense.

Iso-Femme isn't bad for an occasional option. Tastes reasonably like the intended flavours, is a 31g scoop with 25g protein, 120cal, 3g carbs, and 1.5g fat. The scoop isn't huge, and it isn't the smallest I have seen... But it mixed well with Coffee. I will try the Chocolate in the next few days.

I tried this brand originally for the following points:
Zero Estrogenic Proteins
25 grams of Whey Protein
Zero Added Sugar
Aspartame-Free and Gluten-Free
98.5% Lactose-Free
Only 120 calories per serving

Overall it's not bad. I miss my Thermo-Lean Iso-Lean Chocolate Banana Split though. It was wicked with coffee, 25g scoop - 22g protein, 91 cal, 0g fat. Not sure if anyone has spotted this in a store in the GTA but if you see it... PLEASE let me know.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active