Back in hospital with infection

AllaP
on 8/18/12 4:45 pm - Vaughan, Canada
 Sorry it happaned to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Alla.

Blu-Diva
on 8/18/12 4:49 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Hope all is well now  and have a speedy recovery.
Take cake.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/12 5:21 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling better soon.
Megan M.
on 8/18/12 5:40 pm - Canada
What an unfortunate way to start your journey, but I'm sure you're in good hands and will be over this bump soon.  Wishing you well.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/12 6:14 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
I am so sorry that you have had this problem. Have they given you any idea how this happened. Have they treated you well in the hospital
Rachelle N.
on 8/18/12 6:21 pm
So sorry that you're going through this. I hope you get better soon!
jrharr
on 8/18/12 7:40 pm
RNY on 08/24/12
 Wow, an abscess, you poor women. Sorry that you're in such awful pain. Who was your doctor? Without sounding silly, is that not something that was caused by the doctor??? Or does an abscess just grow from an infection? I wish you a speedy recovery :)
Cuter_w_Curves
on 8/18/12 8:51 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
An abcess is actually an accumulation of pus.

Reality is... There is a lot of types of bacteria that could cause one though post op is more often then not strep or staph from what I recall. Unfortunately it can be caused by anything. Even something so simple as a body reaction to internal sutures (which is why they use titanium staples for many things now).

It is likely not something that is any one persons fault.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Penny J.
on 8/19/12 5:25 am - Canada
RNY on 08/10/12
I am so sorry to hear about that!!!  I have been thinking about you since we talked last and was getting really worried.  I'm glad you posted something but sad to hear that this is happening to you.  I hope you heal fast and are able to get out soon to start  your journey properly.  Take care and keep me posted!

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/12 8:16 am - Canada
I wish you well in recovery.  Scary the hear about this, as I expect surgery in early October and going through the 'should I or should I not' phase.  Have they not given you an explanation of how this happened and how frequently it happens?
Most Active