Gas Pain or Gall Bladder?

kellybelly333
on 8/13/12 6:51 am - Toronto, Canada
A couple of times this past month, I have had horrible pain, in the centre of my abdomen, in the very upper area, like under my sternum. The pain travelled a bit around to my back, but was mostly concentrated on the middle. I don't think I ate anything horrible. The last time I felt this pain was a couple of weeks ago after having raw broccoli. I figured it was gas pain, and took a few Gas X strips and eventually the pain subsided without much gurgling, or movement really. Now i'm wondering if it's possibly gall bladder. Any thoughts?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Joyce J.
on 8/13/12 7:08 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Kel

Sounds like gall bladder to me, although, I personally have never had gall bladder pain, but know many who have had.............. My BF this week end lol as well
I would suggest you go to your family Doc and have it checked out

take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Monica M.
on 8/13/12 7:13 am, edited 8/13/12 12:13 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you need to call your wls centre. You may have issues with your bowels, like a kink or something. I don't want to alarm you, but a twisted or kinked bowel is a very real risk, and you need to determine what this is!

go see or call your WLS centre now.

kellybelly333
on 8/13/12 7:31 am - Toronto, Canada
I see my family doctor tomorrow, and I got an appointment at the hospital with the nurse a week tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. I'm fine ATM.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica M.
on 8/13/12 7:43 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
please do keep me posted.
I worry about these things, ever since a WLS friend of mine passed away from a twisted necrotic bowel.

i'm probably neurotic about it, every time i get an inkling of tummy pain, i'm anxious till it goes away... luckily for me, i've never had unresolved pain.

kellybelly333
on 8/13/12 8:03 am - Toronto, Canada
Me too Monica. I think of her a lot. I looked back and compared my pain to her notes, and I don't see many of the same symptoms, but I don't want to take the chance either. The pain is very high, and it will be interesting to see what they say. I am going to the bathroom a lot less, but when I do go, I GO! No pain or anything....just lack of malabsorption for sure.

I will keep you posted my dear!

Monica M.
on 8/13/12 9:05 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
those are good signs. I'm sure its  your gall bladder (i always compared that pain to swallowing a live chicken), because it goes around to your back.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 9:32 am - Straford, Canada
 I would have loved to have Mon when she was a teen, "always compared it to swallowing a live chicken..."!  hahahaha!  So many things I could ask right now...  

Your doc should be able to order an untrasound pretty quick to see if there are any gall stones present and it may show any kinks or such as well.  Not sure, not an medical type,  just trying to suggest stuff to help.  

Hope it all gets sorted out quickly!  Regards, Ian  
Monica M.
on 8/13/12 10:10 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you are a horrible man!!!! omg... lol... you're an idiot...has anyone ever told you that?

i'd hate you if i didnt like you so much.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 10:23 am - Straford, Canada

Most Active