Oh for the love of GAS!!

kellybelly333
on 8/3/12 2:12 am - Toronto, Canada
So, for the second time, I got extreme gas pain from eating raw broccoli. I love it, and am sad to make the connection. I will try again in a few months. I just had some cook broccoli, and hopefully I don't have the same problem. It's bad enough I had to give up grapes (dumping issues). LOL

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

KristieA
on 8/3/12 5:37 am - Orillia, Canada
Pineapple or canteloupe and I can clear a room in two seconds flat. It is amazing how something so tasty can smell so bad....lol.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

kellybelly333
on 8/3/12 5:52 am - Toronto, Canada
My problem is the pain! It is painful for hours, even with gasx strips. When I finally do...err....toot it's not smelly...just takes forever!! Cook broccoli was fine!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

momof4beautifulgirls
on 8/4/12 12:11 am - Canada
I can't eat raw or cooked broccoli or cauliflower, which I love.  I had vegtable soup(big chunks of broccoli and cauliflower) from the cafe at work on Thursday and had to leave early because I had such bad gas pain.  It lasted for hours and too.  This was my second time trying it and I guess I will have to wait a few months to try it again too...Luckily, this is one of the few things that has bothered me, most foods I can tolerate.

Most Active