I'm home woohoo

steff1970
on 7/14/12 6:53 am - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12
 Well i'm home finally and let me tell you it was a definate learning experience.  First i had surgery on monday @ 8 am in Guelph with the amazingly talented Dr.  Reed.  I was out of surgery by 10:45 and in my room by noon.  Monday was a blurr as i must have been doped up LOL and i finally was able to get out of bed to pee at 10 pm and that was also a blurr.  Tuesday came along and i was feeling great so i started walking the halls as i knew i needed to get moving around, then low and behold Wednesday pops up and i'm laying in bed all day.  Found out i sprung a leak at the joint and my hemoglobing was really low so by wednesday evening i was having a double blood transfusion.  Well finally thursday comes and i was hoping to come home again but Dr. Reed wanted to keep an eye on me just to make sure everything was going as  planned and thankfully it was because on friday the 13th i finally came home around 7pm and iam feeling wonderful, i haven't had any pain at all ever just took 2 tylenol for a stiff shoulder but other than that nothing.  No pain after waking up and no pain pump.  Thank you to everyone who wished me well and hoped for a speedy recovery, it means alot to me.

Stephanie

j

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

Janet13
on 7/14/12 7:01 am - Toronto, Canada
I am sure you are glad to be home, and see, the 13th is a lucky number. Welcome to the bench.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

MrsBunny
on 7/14/12 7:17 am
Sounds like your well on your way. hope your recouvery is easy and pain free
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/12 7:25 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Glad to hear your home, best wishes
tbtilalaf
on 7/14/12 7:48 am

Yaaay! I am glad you are doing good now! I too have my surgery in Guelph with Dr. Jelus on Thursday!  I can't wait to join the losers bench!!

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Laurie C.
on 7/14/12 9:19 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Great to be home.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

gardeninggal
on 7/14/12 12:30 pm - Midland, Canada
 Hell girl! you had one kind of a week.....but the main thing is you are all done up and on your way.  So happy that it is behind you and you are well and able to post here.  You made it and best of wishes to you and your family in your next phase of your life.....thanks for the post :)

JJ_
on 7/14/12 12:40 pm
Welcome home Stephanie.  We loved that your daughter provided us with updates!

Judy
LuAnne H.
on 7/14/12 12:47 pm - London, Canada
Glad to hear that you are on the mend!!  Welcome to the bench!!!

Lu

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
Btrue2u
on 7/14/12 1:54 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Here's to a pain free recovery

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Most Active